butterfingers

Feb 25 2016, 04:48 PM #26

I started watching AnY because I liked Rokka. You should give that a try!

keebl44
keebl44

Feb 26 2016, 04:45 AM #27

It has nothing in common but when I watched Captain Earth it made me want to watch AnY.

mousewife

Feb 26 2016, 10:56 PM #28

I highly recommend Anatolia Story/ Red River if you're looking for a shoujo series that has a strong main female character that goes through a ton of character growth + a historical setting. It's based after ancient Hittite/Mesopotamian mythology and features a bunch of real historical settings/figures which is really cool. It is for a more mature audience, though, as there's a lot of partial nudity, sexual situations, and implied scenes. There's also some attempted noncon and dubcon in a historical period kind of way that I feel the need to warn about, as well. Beautiful late 90s/early 2000s art, too. It's not /really/ a reverse harem though you have the same situation as you do with AnY, where pretty much all the characters are in some form of love and undying devotion with main female character (but also main male character, too. Major power couple lmao). It's VERY good and personally my favorite series. It was what turned me on to AnY, too.

I saw someone mention Reimei no Arcana and I can promise you that series is so not worth it. The pacing was awful and while the character development was there it was awkward and all of a sudden? Like a page flip and "bad" character had "changed his ways". I thought it was going to be reverse harem but it ended up just being an awkward love triangle and spoiler alert but one side of it was full blooded brother/sister incest, though you (and main female character) don't find out until the last chapter. The brother knew the whole time, though. That aside, the series set itself up to have been REALLY interesting but it only got so far on elaborating and then fell flat and ended. Poorly. I'm disappointed it was published in America because it was honestly just so... sad. Now every time I see it I'm forced to relive the fact that I read it.

There's also Himegimi to Sanbiki no Kemono if you want group of guys go on an adventure with a runaway princess. It touches on reverse harem-y but there's one obvious main romance. It's got a strong main female character, though, and three really handsome guys. I read it awhile ago and don't remember a whole lot but I know I enjoyed it for what it was and it's got a really sweet happy ending.

Sorry these are long. I've got a lot of feelings toward things, haha

butt
butt

Mar 11 2016, 05:29 AM #29

ty for this topic post ( i needed it!) lol

scxrlet
scxrlet

Apr 3 2016, 03:19 AM #30

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

Tora-chan
Advanced Member
Tora-chan
Advanced Member

May 12 2016, 12:14 AM #31

miharu023 @ Jan 2 2016, 07:22 AM wrote: arslan senki. it's awfully similar but arslan lacked courage compared to Yona (personal opinion)
OMG finally! Someone with same opinion as mine (I never mentioned it before though!!)

You gotta mention that the whole plot was lacking as well as the art after the first anime episode!!!
So it's somehow similar to AnY but I don't recommend it at all!

Tora-chan
Advanced Member
Tora-chan
Advanced Member

May 12 2016, 12:20 AM #32

On the other hand! I thin AnY is kinda unique in it's own way and there's not many similar to it, probably rarely you'd find one!

For me I prefer that I don't find anything similar to a series I like, I like the fact that each story has something special and wouldn't want to find similar stuff!I actually get annoied normally if I find any similarities lol :P

HikariGo

Aug 16 2016, 03:07 PM #33

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is the only one that comes to mind at the moment, and not because of the red-haired female protagonists either.

It is just the general feel, you get when reading both manga, that is why it is so easy to compare the two, and recommend one to fans of the other.

I personally prefer, Akatsuki no Yona due to the greater supporting characters in it, but Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is a good option if you have caught up to the current chapter of AnY and need something else to read.

I personally enjoyed the anime of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, so perhaps you could watch a few episodes of that to see if you like it.

Minachan123

Aug 19 2016, 08:11 PM #34

I'm not sure if I could find a manga like AnY but there is some manga it really good like arslan senki and akagami no shirayukihime a lot but I forgot their names

xmaria88

Sep 15 2016, 05:02 PM #35

At least try Saiunkoku Monogatari and Akagami no Shirayuki. Bet you'd also love them as much as AnY

mcb
mcb

Dec 3 2017, 12:23 PM #36

trinakat @ Dec 22 2015, 10:24 PM wrote: Saiunkoku Monogatari for sure (if we're ignoring Fushigi Yuugi). Also, Twelve Kingdoms has a similar feel, but more focused on the political and economic side of things.
I agree with this one. Saiunkoku Monogatari and Twelve Kingdoms. You know, a girl surrounded by hot and sexy bishounens. BTW, anyone who knows if Sainkoku Monogatari LN is being translated in English?

mcb
mcb

Dec 3 2017, 12:29 PM #37

Oh. If I may add, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles has that similar feeling to AnY. HOWEVER, it gets mind boggling towards the end. Just a warning. :D