Proofreaders

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

8:06 AM - May 13, 2010 #1

Proof-readers

If you're nitpicky and a complete grammar Nazi, WE WANT YOU!

What a proofreader does
  • find what the translators have missed
  • make sure that there are no grammatical or spelling errors
A proofreader must
  • Have awesome English skills! You need to have a good punctuation, grammar and spelling skills.
  • You have to be able to turn really awkwardly translated sentences into proper English.
  • When you find missing translations, you must highlight it and contact translators to translate the missing bits!
  • You must be able to proofread a chapter within 1-2 days.
PM hikari07 to apply or post below. (Posts will be deleted once a person is PMed)

Additional requirement: Must also understand Japanese.

hikari07
Advanced Member
hikari07
Advanced Member

12:01 PM - Jan 31, 2016 #2

Proofreader needed. Please see above post for the requirements.

Important: Must also understand Japanese.

Thank you.

sarangxiah

2:29 PM - Mar 15, 2016 #3

Hello, I don't know if t's the right place to apply..
But as a french teacher to foreigners who came most of the time from korea and japan
Langages whom i speak fluently if I can help out that would be great ;)

Sahmain
Sahmain

5:15 PM - Sep 20, 2016 #4

I'm interested in applying as Proofreader. I'm confident with English in any form of communication. I feel I am best suited for this because besides skill, I nitpick to death and I'm willing to be tested for this.

I can also read Japanese.

A. Susume
A. Susume

11:44 AM - Nov 16, 2016 #5

I looked over the requirements, and I think I fit them. I am really strict on grammar, even on public forums, and I can make awkward sentences understandable. Oh, and I can understand Japanese....If you need to test my competence, you can send me an untranslated manga chapter.

A. Susume

11:48 AM - Nov 16, 2016 #6

Sahmain @ Sep 20 2016, 05:15 PM wrote:I'm interested in applying as Proofreader. I'm confident with English in any form of communication. I feel I am best suited for this because besides skill, I nitpick to death and I'm willing to be tested for this.

I can also read Japanese.
I forgot to sign in when I posted this....I am A. Susume.

Riescel
Riescel

6:22 AM - Dec 18, 2016 #7

Your vs. you're, were vs. we're, their vs. they're - it simply annoys me to see people spell these words incorrectly.

I'd also like to mention that I have lots of free time and I don't mind doing this for free as long as I get to be part of this awesome team. And just like everybody else, I hate waiting for more than a week to read the next chapter of a manga, so I clearly get why it's crucial to meet the set deadline.

Having said these, I really hope you can consider me for the position of a proofreader. Thanks so much for your time.

^_^

Swaan
Swaan

7:11 PM - Jan 17, 2017 #8

Hi! I'm Kanna :P and I would love to be a proofreader for you! :wub:

I have time on my hands and consider myself very good at grammar, Japanese (my native language) and English.

Talestria

2:18 AM - Apr 01, 2018 #9

Hello there. I'd like to become a proofreader.

I am half Japanese and half English, so I am confident in my Grammar and Spelling skills in both English and Japanese.
I look forward to possibly working with you!

Confirmation of reply: