Midori-kun

serinata
Advanced Member
serinata
Advanced Member

Oct 9 2012, 04:14 AM #1

Ookay... It's official. He's starting to creep me out. What's up with Midori-kun's psycho face gradually appearing more and more often in the chapters? *shivers*

And on an unrelated note, I don't get Arisa's personality. First, she's acting like a bitch. Then, she turns "back" into her "normal", angelic self to explain. After she redeems herself through all that effort, she decides to go BACK to Midori, the aforementioned creeper. I'm... confused.

Hope volumes 11/12 (which are the END!!! MUWAHAHAHA!!!~) are more enlightening... though what they're doing for 2 more volumes, I really have no idea... >.<

Speculations, anyone?

Dec 15 2012, 05:52 AM #2

I can only agree, agree, and agree! A+ for being a creeper!
As for Arisa, it seems to me that she has some sort of multiple personality disorder or something. I don't understand her personality, either :/

Wow, after reading c40 I have a feeling that the next few chapters are going to escalate a lot, since now there is a new, huger, more confusing conflict after finding out the identity of the real King...

...and is Midori-kun going to do something crazy?

Harumi
Advanced Member
Harumi
Advanced Member

Dec 15 2012, 09:16 AM #3

By the looks of him in the end of chapter 40 with those crazy eyes, I wouldn't be suprised if he has something up his sleeve. His crazy faces are on par with Nanamine from Bakuman!

I think Arisa has a savior complex, it's like Kou from Aoharu Ride, they both need to be needed. Argh. I feel sorry for Tsubasa who always has to run after her.

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Dec 16 2012, 03:41 PM #4

I don't know if they planned this entire thing with Midori out from the beginning or if they really are just pulling everything randomly out now, just to make us think "Oh the poor Midowi~ He's just misunderstood~ He has a bad childhood~" and we forget that be actually killed someone, just to blackmail the entire class.
And that other stuff he did.

Personally, I want to smack Arisa around a few times - she has no reason to hate Tsubasa for her mother's preference.
Oh and may I make a prediciton/theory?

That kindergarten matron will turn out to be the mother or somehow important.

C-A

serinata
Advanced Member
serinata
Advanced Member

Dec 17 2012, 04:06 AM #5

While I think it's impossible for the matron to be the mother (though that would be a great twist), hmm, who knows. She could be important, though I doubt it. There's only a volume left, so there's not too much room for too many more plot twists since they need to wrap everything up soon...

And for all I know, I've been getting the feeling that this series has been all based on grabbing plot twists out of nowhere, so yeah. For all we know, Midori's backstory came out of nowhere XD (though strangely enough, I've been okay with most of the plot twists, even with plot holes and strangeness).

I feel so bad for Midori T^T. Though I still don't like him XoX. And yes, he still is a bad kid despite his sob story. XD

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Dec 17 2012, 12:33 PM #6

I'm surprised Arisa is actually believing him when he says "I'll turn myself in". Yes, a guy who kills someone, blackmails an entire class and sets fires to make other people look like heroes is definitely the kind I'll trust when he says he'll openly admit it. =D

C-A

serinata
Advanced Member
serinata
Advanced Member

Dec 17 2012, 03:00 PM #7

Well, they do say that love is blind... *sigh*

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Dec 17 2012, 09:59 PM #8

I dunno, somehow I don't think she loves him - it's more his sob story that his "mother didn't love him, either" so she feels attached to him. Like she's not so alone and finally has someone to understand her, so it's likely she's just liking the emotional attachment or she's having her brain confuse her for being in love.

C-A

Roseburn

Dec 7 2015, 12:23 AM #9

What manga is this about?

serinata
Advanced Member
serinata
Advanced Member

Dec 7 2015, 09:14 AM #10

Copied from our reader:
For years the rash tomboyish Tsubasa had communicated with her twin through letters. She had formed the idea that the gentle Arisa led a joyful school life. But upon Arisa's sudden suicide attempt, Tsubasa vows to find the reason behind her twin's actions by taking her place at school. But will this supposed joyful life be too much for Tsubasa to handle? What does it have to do with the people disappearing from Arisa's school...

----

It's been a while since I read the manga, but if I remember things correctly, here's a slightly more informative summary?:
Tsubasa pretends to be Arisa and tries to figure out who "King" is. "King" is someone in Arisa's class that supposedly grants people wishes, but he/she's been doing bad things lately, including causing Arisa to attempt suicide and fall in a coma or something.

Most of it's "Who's 'King'? It's _____. Oh wait, nvm. They just had a sad backstory. So it must be ____," and repeat >.<.... but despite all that, it's not a horrible manga... Unless you were one of the editors.... *cries when thinking back to all the hair redraws I had to do for the twins' hairs...*

rukia
rukia

May 29 2016, 04:12 AM #11

Yep. was severely affected by this series too. mindblowing it is.