L'Arc~en~Ciel

kunoichihime
Advanced Member
kunoichihime
Advanced Member

Dec 24 2015, 10:54 AM #1

Just to let everyone know, I'm a huge fan of them since 13 years ago (omg I'm old lol). And it's funny because I haven't been to a single concert of them. Ever.

My first song that I've heard was Blurry Eyes from the anime DNA^2. I didn't know them back then since their band name was listed in Japanese (back then I couldn't identify Japanese or Chinese) and I really, really liked the song. The second time I've heard of them was the Fourth Avenue Cafe from Rurouni Kenshin. The vocalist was really familiar and I was quite surprised when the song only lasted for 4 episodes (usually OPs and EDs last for 12-13 songs or for one season) so I looked them up. I was really surprised when they were the same band from DNA^2. I've been a fan since (re)-discovering them.

Since they're my favorite band, I love quite a lot of songs of theirs. I have too many favorites to list down as my fave <_>

So, has anybody else heard of them? If so, what was their first song you've heard? And what's your favorite?

Maret
Advanced Member
Maret
Advanced Member

Dec 27 2015, 10:58 AM #2

I have :) Although I don't listen to Jrock all that much anymore, they are still in my playlist. I think the first song I heard by them was Stay away. Other favorites are Good luck my way and Ready steady go :)

anny
Advanced Member
anny
Advanced Member

Dec 28 2015, 01:54 AM #3

My first song that I've heard was the Fourth Avenue Cafe from Rurouni Kenshin. I olove it maybe it's because I love Ruroini Kenshin but i´t´s a great song, the second one was Blurry Eyes from the anime DNA^2, my brother was obsessed with thw anime and the song,
I think it's a great song but for now I can't with that song. :rolleyes:

mugen
mugen

Dec 29 2015, 09:54 AM #4

I just know them from Rurouni Kenshin. But don't follow

Adventure

Dec 29 2015, 05:08 PM #5

I was so surprised to see a L'arc en ciel post up top! I discovered them maybe 8ish years ago because of ready steady go I think lol. But my favorite song by them is Snow Drop! I remember I listened to their Kiss album a lot, I remember Aline en la vida, Link, and Daybreak's bell, those stand out in my memory atm.

Thanks for reminding me of them! I think they just announced their tour or their movie-esque thing that they debuted in some theaters? Anyway I hope you can see them in concert or attend one of those events sometime! :D

kunoichihime
Advanced Member
kunoichihime
Advanced Member

Jan 7 2016, 02:45 AM #6

I have smile.gif Although I don't listen to Jrock all that much anymore, they are still in my playlist. I think the first song I heard by them was Stay away. Other favorites are Good luck my way and Ready steady go smile.gif
@Maret Oh yes, Stay Away is just fun to listen. I think they also got a J-Melo (? not sure) award for best music video for Stay Away
My first song that I've heard was the Fourth Avenue Cafe from Rurouni Kenshin. I olove it maybe it's because I love Ruroini Kenshin but i´t´s a great song, the second one was Blurry Eyes from the anime DNA^2, my brother was obsessed with thw anime and the song,
I think it's a great song but for now I can't with that song. rolleyes.gif
@anny ooh! we're basically the same when it comes to their first songs. it's a good thing that they've been exposed to anime early on :D
I just know them from Rurouni Kenshin. But don't follow
@mugen that's quite all right :D
I was so surprised to see a L'arc en ciel post up top! I discovered them maybe 8ish years ago because of ready steady go I think lol. But my favorite song by them is Snow Drop! I remember I listened to their Kiss album a lot, I remember Aline en la vida, Link, and Daybreak's bell, those stand out in my memory atm.

Thanks for reminding me of them! I think they just announced their tour or their movie-esque thing that they debuted in some theaters? Anyway I hope you can see them in concert or attend one of those events sometime! biggrin.gif
@Adventure waah your post makes me happy :D you should also listen to their AWAKE and SMILE album, they also have really awesome songs in there.

I also couldn't go to their movie-esque area because 1) it wasn't available in my area and 2)I could go and book a plane, but decided that it wasn't worth it. I'd rather save up and go see them live. Currently, I'm already saving up for their 25th anniversary! there are no concerts announced yet, but I'm assuming there will be haha!

hikari07
Advanced Member
hikari07
Advanced Member

Jan 24 2016, 11:46 AM #7

I guess many got to know L`Arc~en~Ciel through Rurouni Kenshin, me included.

I really love the Fourth Avenue Cafe. I think that's the only song I know from them. ;)

lonelyglory

Feb 23 2016, 07:00 AM #8

My first song was Ready Steady Go used in the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist series, though I've listened to a good chunk of their discography and even got to see them live in Madison Square Garden back in 2012. They're really good and have amazing stage presence.