FF7 Remake

Lrelly
Advanced Member
Lrelly
Advanced Member

Dec 18 2015, 04:41 PM #1

Anyone else looking forward to the FF7 remake? The trailers that have been released so far have given me chills because they look so gorgeous. I know they changed the battle system, but I'll keep an open mind because that game was such a huge part of my childhood.

Byblix
Byblix

Dec 18 2015, 08:39 PM #2

I'm looking forward to it! As far as battle systems go, I'll admit 7 wasn't actually my favorite in that regard, so I'm willing to have a new one. Really hoping they take the opportunity to clean up the translation, too ("Attack when the tail is up," anyone?) :D

serinata
Advanced Member
serinata
Advanced Member

Dec 19 2015, 03:04 AM #3

AEHRKJLHJKLSDHFJLHSDLFHJKWAUIFEH

There are not enough words to describe how excited I am for this...
It is literally the only reason why I would ever get a PS4 at this point, considering how neglected my PS2 and PS3 are. >.<

hikari07
Advanced Member
hikari07
Advanced Member

Dec 19 2015, 12:29 PM #4

I haven't played FF7 but I'm familiar with some of the characters. The new trailer from the Playstation Experience did get me excited to play it.

I think Cloud got "thinner"? LOL. I saw Advent Children and he had more muscles. Must be the timeline of the story. :D

But more than FF7, I am more excited to play FF15. I got to play the demo and it's really good. It plays somehat like in the FF7 trailer.

Sibemolle

Dec 19 2015, 03:08 PM #5

Like hikari, I haven't played FF7, in fact I started with 8 (love it **), but I saw my brothers play, so I can say that I "know it" and that I'm really excited!

Ah, I really want to play FF15! Ok, I admit that FF13 wasn't so good in my opinion, but I want to try and then judge this new chapter. But I have a good feeling. I only hope that they will release it... well... soon? I heard that probably they will release it between July and September.

daia_no_hana

Dec 20 2015, 07:16 AM #6

Me! I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully it will be more intense than the previous installments >.<

Lrelly
Advanced Member
Lrelly
Advanced Member

Dec 20 2015, 03:32 PM #7

I'm a little bummed that they're releasing the game in episodes. On one hand, I'll be able to play one part sooner. On the other, they're really going to milk me for my money depending on the price (which of course, I'm going to pay because I CAN'T say no >< take my money, Square Enix! Take it all!), and the wait between each installment is going to be killer. But I'll take what I can get. I'm just so happy they finally agreed to remake it. I remember the fake trailer square Enix released several years ago, and then they were like lol j/k! Now it's finally happening :)

I'm also excited for ff15, but I'm old and love the feeling nostalgia :P

dsquared

Dec 21 2015, 04:15 PM #8

I can't wait to see more screenshots of the game. I don't have a console to play the game, sadly but it'll be nice to vicariously play through people's raves about it :P

chyll2
chyll2

Dec 22 2015, 02:55 AM #9

The expectation is really high on this one and I can already see some being dis-appointed. I will play it though regardless of the reviews.

edit: about the episode thing. I think that is the correct way on doing it, though it has to have the correct price. FF games recently has been a very long game to develop and making it per episode means we can play it faster, my problem with that though, what if in between the episode, the sales dropped and they just decided to cram the remaining parts to less episodes.

riverdaughter

Dec 24 2015, 03:45 AM #10

It looks awesome, I loved the original. Alas, we have an Xbox One, and it looks like it will only be for PS4. Makes me think I should start saving up for one though.

kunoichihime
Advanced Member
kunoichihime
Advanced Member

Dec 24 2015, 10:01 AM #11

I'm not really a fan of FF7, but being a fan of the franchise, I can't wait for the release of this game.

What really bums me about the multi-episode thing is that they'll prolly expect us to pay more for less content. Say, half of the first "chapter" ends during only less than a half of the first disc. In any case, I do hope that Squeenix makes it worth it.

I just finished the Demo of Duscae and it was awesome! Can't wait for the official release of FFXV! :D

edit: I am NOT looking forward to an emo Cloud :&#124;

Lrelly
Advanced Member
Lrelly
Advanced Member

Dec 24 2015, 04:35 PM #12

I fully expect to finish the first episode super quick; go to work> play>forget to eat/sleep>repeat until done>wait months for next episode in sadness.

Bigo
Bigo

Dec 25 2015, 11:41 AM #13

I'm hoping it comes to the PC (since its on Unreal4) and that the total of all the episodes won't cost too much. I can see the entire game probably stretched out between 2-3 years though, given how much assets they'll need to make for all the locations etc.

Dec 28 2015, 02:30 AM #14

OMG they're finally legit doing the remake! *goes off in search of more info*

happygirl10

Jan 1 2016, 11:18 PM #15

OMG I am so looking forward to this. This looks absolutely amazing, can't wait to see the completed game... which admittedly might take quite a few years...

Aratiina
Advanced Member
Aratiina
Advanced Member

May 17 2016, 02:55 PM #16

I'm not really hyper about it.... I loved FF7, played it a lot before I got more games and I prefer the classic jRPG system too, so yeah...
And since I'm so used to how it looked, the chars look a bit weird to me there XD.
Oh well, I am happy that more people will go through that story, it was great ^^, though my favorite FF game was VI, then X and VII / VIII both on 3rd ^^.

cdtkd2000

May 31 2016, 02:57 PM #17

Yes and no. The trailer they showed looked amazing, but Square-Enix just isn't the same. I have a feeling they are going to milk the crap out of this, especially since they are releasing this in episodes. Since this is a remake, they can't really mess it up; the core of the story is there. I've lost interest in the Final Fantasy series after this one and haven't played any of them after X.

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

Jun 24 2016, 04:33 PM #18

XV is shaping up to be good, though. I'm loving the trailers!

It's just that VII remake is being teased and then we don't hear anything about it anymore. Heck, even XII gets a PS4 remake. Not that I'm complaining, though. I love that version of Ivalice. :)