american:
mac: lipstick

korean:
hera: foundation , bb cream
innisfree: toner

Sunnyx3
Sunnyx3

Dec 27 2015, 12:14 PM #2

My newest mac lipstick: all fired up is so good :))

classicchanel

Dec 29 2015, 02:04 AM #3

mac and ysl have really nice lipstick colors

Dec 29 2015, 03:35 PM #4

Make-up Products:
- I used to use drug store make-up brands due to being a poor college student, BUT I've currently updated to Bare Minerals / Bare Essentials. I really recommend them, since their powder products don't expire. They have to print an expiration date of a year, but they actually don't expire. It's minerals. (Granted I'm sure it's good to switch it out after a couple of years).
- BE eyeshadow: Queen Phyllis is quite pretty
- Urban Decay NAKED palettes are quite beautiful. My favorite would have to be Set 2 and the smokey eye version! I don't really wear eyeshadow that often tho, so I couldn't justify the $50 purchase.
- After trying out every kind of eyeliner imaginable I like liquid the best. Quick drying, doesn't smear during the day, etc. My current favorite is Marc Jacobs eyeliner pen.
- I've heard the red MAC lipstick color "Ruby Woo" looks good on just about everybody! It is a matte lipstick though, so it will dry your lips out! Moisturize prior to wearing.

Face products:
- For face wash, toner, moisturizer, etc I really like the Asian brand Laniege. Their prices are more affordable and they give you a lot of product as well.
- My absolute favorite brand for face wash is actually Shiseido, but they're a bit (or a lot) out of my budget range currently. XD
- Mamonde face masks are the best! They're $2, which is expensive per mask, but still affordable.
- I've also heard good things about Iope prodcuts.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. ^__^ I'm not a professional, so I can't point out complimentary colors for your skin tone..but I am an enthusiast, so I can definitely recommend different things to try out (i.e. CC cream, different make-up sets, etc).

soju
Advanced Member
soju
Advanced Member

Dec 30 2015, 07:09 AM #5

sulwoo ( forgot how to spell ) is the most expensive brand in the amore pacific line.
I really do amore, laneige too.

I recommend trying Hera the foundation cushion its pretty well known.

bird3kids
Advanced Member
bird3kids
Advanced Member

Jan 1 2016, 08:48 AM #6

I love Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Couture. I usually put in on in the morning and it is still on after 13 hours of work.
I just tried Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and I love how it stays in place. I smile and laugh a lot so I usually have a problem with smudging, but not with this. It also does not dry out like some liquid pens.

cocochip

Jan 4 2016, 03:54 PM #7

I recently started using Missha BB cream every day and I love it. I also use Coty Airspun powder to set my make-up and control oil, and I carry Innis Free No Sebum Mineral powder with me in case my face get shiny in public, since its a nice small container.

As for as skin care products go, Mizon Snail Eye Cream has helped my dark circles a lot : )

soju
Advanced Member
soju
Advanced Member

Jan 7 2016, 04:48 AM #8

how is the snail mask? Idk how i feel about it tho..
Omg I think i have that ysl lipstick Rouge Couture its sheer purple right?
I have the innisfree Free No Sebum Mineral but its a bb cream.

Hadia
Hadia

Jan 11 2016, 03:51 PM #9

hI everyone! I don't really like the feeling of having something on my face so I rarely use make up and when I do I go "full course" beacuse the occasion calls for it <_< I'm searching for a product I can use every day to uniform my skin colour (pale and reddish parts) so I was thinking to try BB cream because I liked its concept but I have some doubts about its efficacity... Do you have some suggestions to avoid choising the wrong bb cream? :huh:
I'm Italian... If I make grammar mistakes let me know! Thank you

[My profile pic is from Tarantaranta: one of my favorite mangas]

Amaya
Amaya

Jan 19 2016, 06:21 AM #10

I currently use BareMinerals Complexion Rescue hydrating tinted gel. It's light and has decent coverage if you build it up. :D

As for my face routine, I use Mario Badescu, argan oil, and the Clarisonic. Went through a purge phase, but it's clearing up nicely. ^^

Jan 27 2016, 09:34 AM #11

Hadia @ Jan 11 2016, 07:51 AM wrote: hI everyone! I don't really like the feeling of having something on my face so I rarely use make up and when I do I go "full course" beacuse the occasion calls for it <_< I'm searching for a product I can use every day to uniform my skin colour (pale and reddish parts) so I was thinking to try BB cream because I liked its concept but I have some doubts about its efficacity... Do you have some suggestions to avoid choising the wrong bb cream? :huh:
I also use bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream aka. CC Cream. It's a "mineral-based formulation that combines the best of a BB, a CC, and a tinted moisturizer to provide increased skin hydration after just one week".

The coverage is sheer, so you can definitely use it on a daily basis. I like it because it's also a decent sunblock with SPF 30. It can act as a face primer if you use powder foundation.

You can go to any bareMinerals store to get color matched. They currently have 10 shades available. If you're worried about whether you'll like it or not they do give samples.

lonelyglory

Feb 23 2016, 07:03 AM #12

I got into a lot of indie cosmetics a few months back so I think my favorite brands at the moment are Hello Waffle, Howl and Femme Fatale. For mainstream I'd have to say MAC and Kat von D.

belfry
belfry

Feb 24 2016, 12:58 AM #13

I'm currently into makeup right now, especially in korean trend of bb cushion. They're very lightweight, feel natural but the downside is they can be pretty sheer and most of the brands, their shade are too light.
I heard about color corrector and am interesting in getting one (have never used it before). Any brand you guys want to recommend? Cheap and decent products work best!

hakaw
hakaw

Mar 10 2016, 10:38 AM #14

I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to skin care, but I recently bought The Face Shop's aloe vera gel. I really love it! Super moisturizing.

vithra
vithra

Apr 4 2016, 10:02 AM #15

I am going to yodel the same with the user above. I am in love with anything aloe! my face LOVES aloe. The Face Shop's aloe vera is super lovely! I also have Nature Republic's Aloe too (BLAME EXO!) That HUGE tub is never-ending! I love using it on my face as well as the rest of my body.

My favorite lip product right now has got to be my Nyx matte lipstick! and my The Face Shop retractable lip brush.

Currently also using Missha's cushion foundation~ The thing is super cheap and works so well!

avrilmartinez

Nov 2 2016, 04:46 AM #16

I like how everyone is talking about makeup. Since I don't wear any, I'll talk about hair products.

Curly hair here!
Eco styler gel
Kinky Curly the leave in and the custard
Collagen in powder to make hair stronger

minoupitou

Nov 17 2016, 11:45 PM #17

I have super sensitive skin and I'm always late, so I've scaled back my daily routine to reflect that.

-Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ (one of the few moisturizers that doesn't bother me)
-Biore UV Watery Essence (Japanese suncreens > American sunscreens)
-Makeup Forever HD foundation OR Bare Minerals (my skin is really too dry for the powder, but it's fast!)
-NARS blush (will this forum censor the name? it's the most popular one)
-Clinique chubby stick for eyes with a slightly darker color in the creases
-mascara (ISO new brand)

For lips, you can't beat Bite Beauty (imo). I also really like Lipstick Queen Medieval, because it's super easy and universally flattering.

I put on my lipstick in the car, so there are lots of days when I'm not wearing it at all! :lol: