End of Arisa

serinata
Advanced Member
serinata
Advanced Member

Apr 14 2013, 12:41 AM #1

Whee!~ We finally finished scanlating Arisa!

Thoughts? Feelings?

mihax
Advanced Member
mihax
Advanced Member

Apr 14 2013, 01:46 PM #2

Didn't expect the ending to be that way.

I was thinking of more like Midori dies...
okay I'm so into these tragedy endings.

Cat-Alin
Advanced Member
Cat-Alin
Advanced Member

Apr 14 2013, 05:10 PM #3

I already mentioned in the Shoutbox how freaking confused I am at the end.
The second-to-last chapter already ended on a random WTF moment. Who is that kid? Where did he come from? Why did he stab Midori? How did he know Midori was gonna be there?
And the final chapter didn't clear much up, either. So Shizuka is mentioned again - a sickly girl who was so boring and uninteresting and clichéd (really, all you have to say is sickly girl and I know all I have to about her) that, once we returned to the plot in school, she was completely forgotten about.
As for the kid that stabbed Midori.... I still have no idea who that is!
He doesn't look like any of the classmates that seemed even remotely important - or heck, did he ever even appear previously? Not that I recall. But that might be because the final chapters just started shoving so much more and more dramatic or suspensful stuff at us, we completely forgot what the plot was originally about.

The idea of having the King and all in a class, that was a nice little idea.
I just think it wasn't done well enough. It started off okay, then we go down the darker path. And then there's just too much stuff that is obvious way too early - Midori being the mastermind, Midori knowing stuff and still playing along, Midori's mother actually being dead.
I admit, my first idea was that, maybe, the woman who was at the orphanage where Midori went to was his mother. But I quickly gave up on that idea after a few pages and reverted to the "Pointless, Mom is already dead and he knows it" plotline. And the "big plot surprise that starts the terrible part" I knew that criminal was dead before they even approached him!
And the ending being supremely happy... Oh wow, Midori survived! The class is... gone... but still they're all happy! And Shizuka is doing well, although like I said, I barely remember her! And that funny little chapter where we learn that Arisa did the same thing that Tsubasa pulled throughout the manga... hilarious.... well..... not really.

Oh and Arisa saying she's gonna wait for Midori, no matter how long it takes for him to get out. Wait, what is he in for again? Murder? Planned genocide? Well whatever, it's gotta take some time.
So Arisa will stop her entire life, just to wait for this guy?
Oh my god, Arisa turned into the Time Traveller's wife! The worst, most boring woman ever done and, urgh, so annoying! It's nice to say you'll wait for someone, just don't.... stop your entire life.... just for that person.

I guess I expect too much from manga these days.
I want originality. I want something that I can't predict after six chapters. Only manga I remember that happening was in Video Girl Ai. Maybe even in I's but that sort of got boring towards the end as well.

C-A

thesillyrat

Nov 29 2015, 10:17 AM #4

Thanks for the releases

Dec 15 2015, 02:59 AM #5

Arisa was the craziest story I have ever read in my life. All these confusions and backstabbing just make me...ugh

I also feel that the conclusion is a bit bad. left lots of questions since it only states that Arisa and Tsubasa's relationship is better now (oh and the mom is a better person now) but nothing about the other characters other then one panel of each characters that were affected by the plot. Also no Tsubasa romance. Like seriously, is she too tomboyish to get together with.....I forgot his name and have no time to look it up.

trinakat

Dec 22 2015, 10:22 PM #6

I completely binge-read this series (is that even a thing?... I guess it is now). I liked how engrossing it was, but I knew close to nothing coming in. Hence, I was really surprised reaching the end and finding that the romance stuff was really non-existent. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just not at all what I was expecting from what appears to be a shoujo series.

Hadia
Hadia

Jan 3 2016, 12:01 AM #7

I really liked this series! It's one of my favourite genre and what I liked the most was the surprising plot!! I really enjoyed it :)
I'm Italian... If I make grammar mistakes let me know! Thank you

[My profile pic is from Tarantaranta: one of my favorite mangas]

baka-apple

Jan 5 2016, 09:28 AM #8

Well......
Kinda was hoping for some romance for tsubasa kinda, imaybe not really sure though
*sigh* ehhhh.................oh welll

azncraz
azncraz

Jan 7 2016, 08:23 AM #9

I read arisa in just a couple days it was so addicting with those cliffhanger endings. Midori really freaked me out at the end and I was really surprised at how deep Arisas feelings were. Sometimes I felt like it things were too fast paced and not super smooth but I overall really enjoyed the series. Thanks Titania team for all your hard work completing this project!

aljini
aljini

Jan 30 2016, 05:37 AM #10

I was suprised when Manabu and Shizkuka ended up together, but then I realized they were a cute couple,so it was OK.

reddernat

Apr 8 2016, 07:21 AM #11

I've been following this mangaka for a while but to be honest, I'm kind of disappointed with the ending. It feels a little cheesy and cliche. But I still love Tsubasa and the guy together. They made a really good duo :) <3

rukia
rukia

May 29 2016, 04:14 AM #12

i was hoping for something more dramatic, but, if that's it. then...okay, proceed to fanfics.