jilubia
jilubia

Jan 2 2016, 03:39 PM #51

I would not like for her to have really "funky" special powers. I think the way she is makes her more special - for it's more about her willpower! A weird magic level-up would be kind of too much.

Dracs
Dracs

Jan 2 2016, 05:10 PM #52

She already have one : charisma, somehow, her charisma seems surnatural. Kinda like Griffith, but I wouldn't like her to have a dragon fighting type power. She's great as she is.

Jan 7 2016, 10:39 AM #53

Nothing active, but I like the idea of Yona's determination being from possessing the red dragon's heart/inner fire. It might cheapen her as a character a little, but I guess it's not that different to me than her just carrying Hiryuu's spirit, which she already does. But it would make a lot of sense to me if the way she's so fierce is dragon blood showing through. It would also explain the red hair, since every other one has hair the color of their draconic counterpart. But I don't think that would or should ever come into the story more than it has already, With Yona being strong and able to bear up under things that everyone expects to destroy her. After all, she's always had the power, since unlike the others Hiryuu doesn't seem to have been continuously reincarnated.

(Unless, in a really wild theory, it's been dormant in her mother's bloodline, and the assassination was a cover for her mother dying the way the rest of the prior dragons had, when Yona finally came into her power. It's a bit out there, but it would be interesting.)

yoru
yoru

Jan 7 2016, 12:23 PM #54

I personally love Yona just as she is now; a normal girl with a lot of charisma/determination. I'm sure that if she DID end up with a special power of some sort, Kusanagi would be able to write it into the story well, but I'd still prefer it if nothing like that happened.

magdelena-lee

Jan 7 2016, 08:45 PM #55

Hmmm I also dont really want her having some sort of supernatural powers like the dragons. I think it would be cool if she learned more sword fighting techniques though. Just so she can defend herself more without any of the others' help. I like her as she is and like seeing her gradually grow as a person.

Epyon
Epyon

Jan 7 2016, 11:31 PM #56

No. She has the dragons and Hak, she doesn't need any powers, they are more than capable for protecting her. Also, her having special power would just ruin her character development so far. She should stay normal. Maybe become better at fighting with a sword.

azncraz
azncraz

Jan 8 2016, 07:42 AM #57

no need for superpowers for yona. I mean in a way she already possesses a superpower by having such a compelling attraction for the four dragons. it's definitely a core aspect of Yona's character that she's completely human. Hiryuu gave up his dragon essence and became human because he believed in their power and capacity for good, so it would kind of defeat the purpose if yona had powers that were anything other than human.

would probably keep reading even if she did tho ;)

akmur
akmur

Jan 8 2016, 08:18 AM #58

I wouldn't want her to... I like the fact that she's just a regular human being, working her hardest to become stronger for the sake of her friends and her country. i think her journey has a lot more impact that way; if it's suddenly revealed that she has a latent power it would be disappointing IMO. like hak, i like watching her grow and struggle. it's what makes Yona such an inspiring character *^*

Codex
Codex

Jan 9 2016, 05:37 AM #59

It's her lack of special power that makes her appealing. She spent her whole life as a pampered princess, but overcoming her background and limitations to become a fighter and leader is what showcases her strength of will.

Lux
Advanced Member
Lux
Advanced Member

Jan 9 2016, 06:04 AM #60

Codex @ Jan 9 2016, 05:37 AM wrote: It's her lack of special power that makes her appealing. She spent her whole life as a pampered princess, but overcoming her background and limitations to become a fighter and leader is what showcases her strength of will.
I agree with this. If she was just handed powers that would definitely take away from her because she would be once again handed something instead of working for it. Yona was a princess in a palace her whole life, so for her to struggle and work to get to the point where she is at now is more worthwhile reading because it shows her growth that she worked hard for and decided to get for herself.

PandaViking

Jan 9 2016, 01:59 PM #61

In the beginning i wanted her to get some kind of dragon power. But now i really like her as a normal human, it's her charm that she, a normal human has gained the trust of these super powered beings. I also really like how she became more independent and could fight for herself, instead of being a pampered little princess. Now she's a badass princess :D

slayerette

Jan 10 2016, 01:07 AM #62

I don't think she should have any special supernatural powers...her special power is her ability to form bonds with people and in her growth as a person and ruler!

Jan 27 2016, 03:34 AM #63

I agree with everyone else, she doesnt need a special power shes fine as she is now. and shes growing stronger all the time with her practicing. but if she did HAVE to have a power id say it would be something related to fire, because of her glare and her hair

kittendreamz
Advanced Member
kittendreamz
Advanced Member

Jan 27 2016, 09:48 PM #64

In the end I don't really want her to have any kind of special powers. I actually enjoy the fact that she's a normal, human girl. It makes her more real and easier to identify with I think. The fact that she has to struggle and work at her strength is sort of what makes her enduring to me.

submarina

Feb 5 2016, 05:45 PM #65

deep inside, I totally do. I want her to become the red dragon, with some kind of fire-controlling power. But from a plotline standpoint, it would suck, because what's special about Yona is that she's human but STILL amazing. (So is Hak for that matter).

kytticat

Feb 22 2016, 02:59 AM #66

I'm glad that she's learning swordfighting (even though she's not very good at it yet).

It's nice that she doesn't have magic. Although I guess Zeno is a superpower ^^

achoicoi

Feb 22 2016, 03:49 PM #67

mokhamiyasaymokameh @ Dec 21 2015, 07:48 AM wrote: yes we all know that Yona is just like Hiryuu a normal human being, but if there's a chance/possibility, do you want her to have special power like the four dragon warriors and what kind of power is it?
I think she doesn't need a special power. If she have, there's no reason for Hak to worried and protect her😂

lolabeans

Mar 27 2016, 11:44 PM #68

undomielregina @ Jan 7 2016, 10:39 AM wrote: Nothing active, but I like the idea of Yona's determination being from possessing the red dragon's heart/inner fire. It might cheapen her as a character a little, but I guess it's not that different to me than her just carrying Hiryuu's spirit, which she already does. But it would make a lot of sense to me if the way she's so fierce is dragon blood showing through. It would also explain the red hair, since every other one has hair the color of their draconic counterpart. But I don't think that would or should ever come into the story more than it has already, With Yona being strong and able to bear up under things that everyone expects to destroy her. After all, she's always had the power, since unlike the others Hiryuu doesn't seem to have been continuously reincarnated.

(Unless, in a really wild theory, it's been dormant in her mother's bloodline, and the assassination was a cover for her mother dying the way the rest of the prior dragons had, when Yona finally came into her power. It's a bit out there, but it would be interesting.)
Yeah, I've always thought that her intense glare was her inner King Hiryuu shining through. Mostly because of Captain Gi-gan's comment during the Awa arc where she states that sometimes Yona looks like a seasoned warrior or something like that.

Other than that, I echo the thoughts here about her not having a special superpower. It would undermine what I felt was one of the main themes in this manga: how the weak can struggle and prevail if they put in the effort and/or accept the help being offered to them.

I don't consider these powers, but I wouldn't mind Yona's dreams (the one in the extra that was basically a premonition of her ~exile and the one of Suwon's coronation) having some significance. As things currently stand, they're a little weird and out of place.

Ceres
Ceres

Mar 30 2016, 05:34 PM #69

IF Yona had to have some sort of superpower, I think the best would be healing.

scxrlet
scxrlet

Apr 3 2016, 04:15 AM #70

i don't want yona to have a special power or ability but if yona have a special power or ability, i think it's time travel

reddernat

Apr 8 2016, 06:52 AM #71

I think that she's the best the way she is now because as a regular human being, she is the most relatable character. Even though Yoon is also a regular human, we can't all empathize with his genius and medicinal knowledge. However, we can always strive to relate to Yona and her tenacity.

sprice14

Apr 11 2016, 10:25 AM #72

i don't want her to have powers but i want her to become a more independent fighter to kick soo-wons ass

allymarei

May 11 2016, 10:39 PM #73

I like and hate Yona all at the same time. I don't think a super power would be good. I feel like this would actually detract from her ability to grow into a strong, powerful person much less leader. I think at this point that Yona has characteristics that could force her to get even stronger but those are only revealing themselves due to her unfortunate circumstances. I don't think she has the emotional maturity to handle an awesome power yet.

reilwin
reilwin

May 17 2016, 01:09 AM #74

I always thought that Yona did have a form of superpower, and that this was her charisma. She's able to stun and compel people to follow her through sheer force of will -- how is that anything other than some kind of willpower?

And I wouldn't be surprised if Hiryuu was like that too -- how else could he have built up a kingdom of man?

Jun 12 2016, 03:04 PM #75

I'd also prefer if she didn't have a special power. For one, it'd defeat the entire purpose of her character which is to be normal but struggle to be better and useful anyway. And two, we'd lose out on watching Hak continuously defend the weak little princess haha. I kind of live for those moments when Hak shows up out of nowhere to kick butt in defense of his princess.