AkaYona crossovers, anyone?

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

Jan 4 2016, 05:23 PM #1

Which series do you want to see a crossover with Akatsuki no Yona? What happens in that story?

I know this is bordering on the realm of fanfiction, but I'd like to know your ideas and headcanons here. Feel free to spin tall tales and unusual adventures and alternate universes!

Can be absolutely any series, not limited to anime and manga, as always.

Can't wait to read your thoughts!!

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

Jan 4 2016, 05:30 PM #2

Allow me to start.

A longstanding headcanon of mine is that Kouka and Pars are merely on opposite sides of the same planet. So yes, I want to see a crossover of AkaYona and Arslan Senki.

Then we'll get the following interactions:

Yona and Arslan will be kindred spirits, of the displaced and disgraced royalty type. Oh, and terrible king fathers.

Hak and Daryun will bond on war stories and their royal blooded charges. (Oh, and elders in the military. Mundok and Vahriz will get along well!)

Narsus will have a nice, long chat with Soo-won on political affairs. I highly doubt they'll be friends tho. If not that, he'll be painting the beautiful sunrise instead, and Zeno will praise his painting because he's too old and eccentric like that and nothing fazes him anymore.

Yoon will (reluctantly but not really) tell Elam stories about his life with Ik-so, and complains about "those wild beasts", and Elam will pat pretty genius boy's head in sympathy as he remembers how he has to deal with Narsus-sama. (Not that he doesn't like it tho, because he does.)

Kija asks Alfreed for love advice. She regales him on stories on how she proactively pursues her "husband" Narsus. (Except he's not, but Kija doesn't need to know. His eyes will be too rapt in awe and attention to even care, should he find out.)

Gieve has a new rival for the beautiful Farangis' (nonexistent) affection: Jae-ha. They constantly compete in outdoing each other flirting the fair maiden, but she merely ignores both of them.

Farangis counsels Lili with worldly advice with all the grace of a woman wise beyond her years. Etoile overhears this conversation and thinks on how Lili's situation is similar.

Jaswant does not care for idle chatter, instead opting to explore the forest and/or go hunting, the quiet, unquestioning Shin-ah accompanying him.

JadePhoenix
Advanced Member
JadePhoenix
Advanced Member

Jan 4 2016, 09:23 PM #3

cyanoscarlet @ Jan 4 2016, 05:30 PM wrote: Allow me to start.

A longstanding headcanon of mine is that Kouka and Pars are merely on opposite sides of the same planet. So yes, I want to see a crossover of AkaYona and Arslan Senki.

Yona and Arslan will be kindred spirits, of the displaced and disgraced royalty type. Oh, and terrible king fathers.

Hak and Daryun will bond on war stories and their royal blooded charges. (Oh, and elders in the military. Mundok and Vahriz will get along well!)

Narsus will have a nice, long chat with Soo-won on political affairs. I highly doubt they'll be friends tho. If not that, he'll be painting the beautiful sunrise instead, and Zeno will praise his painting because he's too old and eccentric like that and nothing fazes him anymore.

Yoon will (reluctantly but not really) tell Elam stories about his life with Ik-so, and complains about "those wild beasts", and Elam will pat pretty genius boy's head in sympathy as he remembers how he has to deal with Narsus-sama. (Not that he doesn't like it tho, because he does.)

Kija asks Alfreed for love advice. She regales him on stories on how she proactively pursues her "husband" Narsus. (Except he's not, but Kija doesn't need to know. His eyes will be too rapt in awe and attention to even care, should he find out.)

Gieve has a new rival for the beautiful Farangis' (nonexistent) affection: Jae-ha. They constantly compete in outdoing each other flirting the fair maiden, but she merely ignores both of them.

Farangis counsels Lili with worldly advice with all the grace of a woman wise beyond her years. Etoile overhears this conversation and thinks on how Lili's situation is similar.

Jaswant does not care for idle chatter, instead opting to explore the forest and/or go hunting, the quiet, unquestioning Shin-ah accompanying him.
I love how you cross over Akatsuki No Yona and Arslan Senki. I can really see that happening and it would be really fun if someone would write about it :D.

Unfortunately I cannot see other crossovers at the moment. I'm going to think about it and if I get an idea, I'll post it here.

the-sui
Advanced Member
the-sui
Advanced Member

Jan 5 2016, 05:38 PM #4

THAT WAS AMAZING! I love it!

Lux
Advanced Member
Lux
Advanced Member

Jan 5 2016, 10:25 PM #5

I would love to see a crossover of Akatsuki No Yona and Fushigi Yuugi. They were in the same kind of feudal era period and have the same kind of genre going for them. I would like to see if Yona's group of circus freaks or if Miyaka's group of celestial warriors would be stronger. :lol:

soju
Advanced Member
soju
Advanced Member

Jan 6 2016, 01:57 AM #6

i would like AkaYona and Gintama

JadePhoenix
Advanced Member
JadePhoenix
Advanced Member

Jan 6 2016, 02:30 PM #7

I've been thinking about the crossover and so far I think the best one is still Arslan Senki, Cyanoscarlet described it perfectly.

However, I was reading Uchi no Heika ga Shinmai de, there are similarieties between the characters. Shuka and Yona are the royals from Kouka Kingdon, have reddish hair, both have dark tall, handsome and protective bodyguards and they fall in love with Yona and Shuka. There are so much more similiraties and yet still have a different feel to it. It might be interesting to see them becoming friends and rule the country although it's impossible for both to be the queen of Kouka Kingdom.

the-sui
Advanced Member
the-sui
Advanced Member

Jan 6 2016, 06:51 PM #8

Can someone smart write Ookami-Heika no Hanayome crossover?

magdelena-lee

Jan 7 2016, 09:21 AM #9

A crossover alternate universe with Saiyuki Reload! Saiyuki takes place in China, but its not modern so i think the feel of it would work out anyways. Yona would be a half-blooded demon (so shed have red hair and red eyes). Hak and Yun are humans. The four dragons are all full blooded demons (so theyd still have their powers etc). Theyd run into Sanzo and co. while traveling. :]

magdelena-lee

Jan 7 2016, 09:26 AM #10

Also, on the more silly/ridiculous side, a crossover with dragonball z. Why? I just feel like itd be funny. Like if they entered a tournament or something and ended up beating a lot of people, I feel like the reaction would be "how did all these pretty boys and a little girl win?!" xp

yoru
yoru

Jan 7 2016, 03:19 PM #11

This is a bit silly because of how different they are, but I'd love to see a crossover with One Piece, simply because it's my favourite series!

Imagining how Yona's group and the Straw Hats would interact with one another, and who would get along with who the best, is kind of fun for me to think about.

aoiko
aoiko

Jan 7 2016, 03:37 PM #12

Considering the time period and placing of the manga, I would say Saiunkoku Monogatari and Akatsuki no Yona would make a good cross over. I see someone post Gintama and I say that is an interesting one. I would like to see a Gintama cross over too.

Jan 7 2016, 06:48 PM #13

I think, Hakkendan -- not the recent anime, but the original novel it's based off of. Yona is already easily over halfway to having the eight dog warriors, and it would be a lot of fun to match up the characters with that story's counterparts. It would have to be a pretty loose mash-up, but I really just want to match all the characters up with the eight virtues of Confucianism. So, basically, I'd really want to cross it over with Shin Satomi Hakkenden rather than Satomi Hakkenden itself? Or just treat it like a lot of the other modern adaptations and discard the parts that don't really work anymore. Regardless, it'd be fun.

soju
Advanced Member
soju
Advanced Member

Jan 9 2016, 11:44 PM #14

for gintama i can totally see gintoki and jaeha as buddies. Their targets are Toshi, Hak, and Judoh

slayerette

Jan 10 2016, 12:43 AM #15

Oooh! I wish I hadn't read this immediately after the first post...now I can't think of any other crossover! It seems like a perfect crossover in terms of storyline, though being on different continents.

Luyta
Luyta

Jan 16 2016, 07:56 AM #16

I would go for strong women characters, to bond that female side, so I would do it with Sore demo Sekai wa Utsukushii or Akagami no Shirayuki Hime.

Jan 19 2016, 08:28 PM #17

cyanoscarlet @ Jan 4 2016, 05:30 PM wrote: A longstanding headcanon of mine is that Kouka and Pars are merely on opposite sides of the same planet. So yes, I want to see a crossover of AkaYona and Arslan Senki.
I have never heard of Arslan Senki, but with your crossover, I definitely want to read it now. =)

Jan 19 2016, 08:31 PM #18

aoiko @ Jan 7 2016, 03:37 PM wrote: Considering the time period and placing of the manga, I would say Saiunkoku Monogatari and Akatsuki no Yona would make a good cross over.
Ooh, yes! Another series I really like, with a strong and kind female protagonist.

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

Jan 20 2016, 03:26 PM #19

Negative Infinity wrote: I have never heard of Arslan Senki, but with your crossover, I definitely want to read it now. =)
I'm not sure about other versions of the series, but watch the 2015 remake. I drew ideas from there. You'll love it!

And based on how you answered in the other Modern AU thread, I now want to see a modern crossover of AnY and Ouran :P

The Host Club has seven members. The Happy Hungry Bunch has seven members. OMG.

Yona and Haruhi (only girl)
Hak and Hikaru (trollish but has wild angry side)
Kija and Tamaki (knows nothing about the real world, too eager all the time)
Shin-ah and Mori-senpai (quiet but strong)
Jae-ha and Kaoru (trollish too but more level headed)
Zeno and Honey-senpai (blond kids, act like kids, but are more mature than they let on. Oh, and they're both 17)
Yoon and Kyouya (knows how to manage everything)

N. Schist

Feb 21 2016, 08:36 PM #20

A CROSSOVERS THREAD YASSSSSS~~~ cyanoscarlet's Yona/Arslan Senki x-over is perfect, man. Arslan and Yona are both sweet children that must be protected at all costs

I think a lot about AkaYona and Song of the Long March (Choukakou/Changge Xing) because both of them have exiled/assumed dead princesses trying so hard for the good of their countries. Anyone read Song, around here??? Please tell me there's someone, because this manhua is so underrated and underappreciated. Has WONDERFUL WONDERFUULLLL ART, story is just riveting, and the characters are the best part of it!

though Changge and Yona are quite different. Yona's goes from a vapid, childish girl to a kind, compassionate, self-aware person. Changge, on the other hand, is my favourite kind of character - extremely intelligent, a strategist, cunning. Although there're similarities too: they both have a lot of inner struggles, both get their resolves constantly tested, and both are courageous to the core. Changge also develops into a compassionate, considerate character from a revenge-driven one, and this character development was of the HIGHEST calibre I've ever read, period. Changge is also a lot like Soo Won with her politicking and put-on faces.

In a crossed-over world, Yona and Changge would get along well, when I think about it. And so would Changge and Soo Won. If these three had to work for opposite goals/conflicted, it'd be so interesting to see how things would develop.

As for other characters... Sun and Hak? Won't get along, oh crap. Sun is a Khan's son, arrogant and battle-crazy (though he also has a kind side, and is maturing as he's currently exploring his identity), and probably the kind of person Hak would instantly dislike. If they had to work together, they'd do it grudgingly with much complaining. Oh, and they'd fight every chance they got. If they ever start getting along and liking each other, Sun would be incredibly loyal to Hak, 'cause he's that kinda person (and Hak would reciprocate). They'd be somewhat like Hak and Jaeha, when not fighting.

Yona and Sun would also probably relate, because in some ways Yona was the sacrificial goat Soo Won had to slaughter in order to get the throne. Sun isn't the scapegoat, the sacrificial goat; he is THE scapegoat, and he fights it so hard, for the good of his people (anD THIS IS WHY I LOVE HIM SO)

Yoon and Mujin would have complaining sessions about having to do every single useful thing around them, but if Yoon disses Sun in front of Mujin, he'd have to fear for his life, probably. 'cause Mujin is Sun's right-hand man, and loyal to a fault.

Song of the Long March doesn't have longstanding supporting characters who are as developed as the ones in AkaYona, though it focuses very much on its fewer central characters. If I think about how the dragons would interact with the Song cast: Zeno would be so sunny it'd annoy Sun, and he'd also dote on Ah Jin along with Yoon as Ah Jin is a child (which will, of course, annoy him); Kija dislikes these outsiders but can't help liking the smiling, clever princess Changge, Jaeha would have a field day because "SO MUCH BEAUTY", and Shin-ah hides from everyone, mostly.

Changge would probably like Lili a lot, too, because she'd remind her of a reckless girl with a big mouth (/cry)

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

Apr 2 2016, 05:28 PM #21

Yeah, someone's been recommending it over at Kirakira, too! I might download it sometime after the school year ends. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm kinda fancying somewhere along The Twelve Kingdoms (Jūni Kokki). I love their concept of immortality and ruling a kingdom. Youko Nakakima is also a redhead warrior queen, and Shoukei and Suzu are also headstrong women in their own right. Yona and Lili can join the club.

Zeno and Enki would be goooood friends. Both yellow-haired, too. :D

Plus the composer's also Kunihiko Ryo, AkaYona's composer. if we're talking beautiful instrumental anime OPs here, before "Akatsuki no Yona", there was "Jūni Genmukyoku". Just LISTEN to this opening!
http://youtu.be/3iPaj4XqAW0

the-sui
Advanced Member
the-sui
Advanced Member

Apr 2 2016, 07:41 PM #22

cyanoscarlet @ Jan 20 2016, 03:26 PM wrote:
Negative Infinity wrote: I have never heard of Arslan Senki, but with your crossover, I definitely want to read it now. =)
I'm not sure about other versions of the series, but watch the 2015 remake. I drew ideas from there. You'll love it!

And based on how you answered in the other Modern AU thread, I now want to see a modern crossover of AnY and Ouran :P

The Host Club has seven members. The Happy Hungry Bunch has seven members. OMG.

Yona and Haruhi (only girl)
Hak and Hikaru (trollish but has wild angry side)
Kija and Tamaki (knows nothing about the real world, too eager all the time)
Shin-ah and Mori-senpai (quiet but strong)
Jae-ha and Kaoru (trollish too but more level headed)
Zeno and Honey-senpai (blond kids, act like kids, but are more mature than they let on. Oh, and they're both 17)
Yoon and Kyouya (knows how to manage everything)
I disagree a little, Hak would be better Kyouya, as he wants to get money out of everyone :D
And Yoon + Jaeha merged together, then split apart would make great Hikaru and Kaoru duo, smart, caring, knows how to sew, but also mischevious :D

Miuna
Miuna

May 30 2016, 03:03 AM #23

nope

vsing
vsing

May 30 2016, 05:21 AM #24

This would be an ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT IDEA! I really like how detailed your reasoning for this crossover is. It would be a perfect blend of a shoujo and shounen series that are both set in a historical fantasy setting.

I'm curious though, who would be your AnY counterpart for the Silver Mask?

cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member
cyanoscarlet
Advanced Member

May 30 2016, 06:38 AM #25

^

Hi, and thank you! Glad you liked it :)

That's a good question, actually. If we're talking of parallel characters, this would have to be Soo-won, as well. He's got the motive, the political know-how, and all the princely traits to fit the scenario, different attitudes aside. He got thte Fire tribe good the same way Silvermask tricked Lusitania. He's a darn ruthless military tactician, if the latest ANY chapters of the curbstomp conquest of Sei are any indication. Boring answer is boring, ahahah.

Come to think of it, Lusitania's fanaticism parallels well with Kang Soojin's belief of how the Fire tribe is the reall descendant of Hiryuu. The slaves part are in the Sei arc, tho.

It's interesting how Andragoras is Il's total opposite, now that I think of it. The former is a staunch advocate of war, while the latter's a total pacifist. Yet both get killed off by their nephews, and their children driven out of their palaces.