Weber baking Co Pullman Bread insert cards

Weber baking Co Pullman Bread insert cards

February 16th, 2011, 3:56 pm #1

I'm new here, and am not really a collector, but I came across some cards and can not find any information on them really.

Hoping someone could help.

I will post pics of cards as soon as I scan them.

I have roughly 2 diffenent kinds of pullman bread Weber baking Co insert cards. Im call them insert cards because I believe you got them from pullman bread packages.
Can someone tell me if this is correct?

Cards are titled Travel with pullman around the world . They are photographic lithograph cards. I haven't measured them yet, but I think they are m size 2 X 3 inches.

First type is b&w lithographs of famous buildings and street scenes around the world. On the back it states, travel with pullman around the world, followed by information about the the pic., on the bottom is the Pullman bread ad. and Weber Baking Co information.

Second type are b&w also but seem to have a bluish tint to pics. Need to do more research on pictures to figure out what kind of photo they call this. Same information as first type I described above, but buildings and scenes are all from the United States.

I have searched around the internet and found samples of Onist milk and pullman bread cards, I think presidents, famous men, and flowers. I have some of the famous men and flower cards. I haven't found any cards like this.

Does anybody know anything about them? and have or know of a place to find a checklist for these cards?

Thanks in advance,
Dee

February 16th, 2011, 4:10 pm #2

listed as D80 - Travel Around the World, Weber Baking in the American Card Catalog. Unfortunately, we don't have the set pictured in the gallery. I have a type card in my collection but not 100% sure how many are in the set. I'm sure someone will answer with the # of total cards.........they aren't particularly easy to find but not particularly hard either.

February 17th, 2011, 3:00 am #3

I'm new here, and am not really a collector, but I came across some cards and can not find any information on them really.

I have roughly 2 diffenent kinds of pullman bread Weber baking Co insert cards. Im call them insert cards because I believe you got them from pullman bread packages.

Cards are titled Travel with pullman around the world . They are photographic lithograph cards. I haven't measured them yet, but I think they are m size 2 X 3 inches.

First type is b&w lithographs of famous buildings and street scenes around the world. On the back it states, travel with pullman around the world, followed by information about the the pic., on the bottom is the Pullman bread ad. and Weber Baking Co information.

Second type are b&w also but seem to have a bluish tint to pics. Need to do more research on pictures to figure out what kind of photo they call this. Same information as first type I described above, but buildings and scenes are all from the United States.

I have searched around the internet and found samples of Onist milk and pullman bread cards, I think presidents, famous men, and flowers. I have some of the famous men and flower cards. I haven't found any cards like this.

Does anybody know anything about them? and have or know of a place to find a checklist for these cards?

Thanks in advance,
Dee
Here are the 2 types:

and

I would be intersted in the titles you have. We don't have many checklisted yet.

February 17th, 2011, 12:51 pm #4

Thanks in advance,
Dee
Thanks for the info, Id been looking everywhere for information on them, I even ordered an ACC.

Like I said I'll get some scans together to post when I get a chance. I probably have about 15 of each type. The ones I have though are not in the greatest shape.

Dee
Last edited by ddm_aet on February 17th, 2011, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 18th, 2011, 12:10 pm #5

Thanks in advance,
Dee
Hi Dee,
I would be very interested in seeing your scans. If you want to sell them I would be interested as well.

tntriley@columbus.rr.com

February 23rd, 2011, 12:27 pm #6

Thanks in advance,
Dee
Here are my scans, they didn't come out that great, cards are not in the best of shape either.

February 23rd, 2011, 12:36 pm #7

Thanks in advance,
Dee
Sorry about the scans again, the scanner I used isn't the best.

The bottom left card in the second set is not a pullman bread card.
It has a blank back, someone wrote in pencil bry beach or coney island. Then crossed out coney island. Can anybody tell what this is a picture of?

Again as soon as I get a chance I'll scan the other type of pullman bread cards I have.
Pictures are black and white with a bluish tint to them.

February 23rd, 2011, 2:27 pm #8

Thanks in advance,
Dee
Rye Beach is in Rye, N.Y. Just above Bronx NY. on Long Is. Sound, but not so large as Pic shows. The Tall object may be a lighthouse, as coney Island Parachute jump was diff., the Large Ferris Wheel was in Coney Is. earlier, but came from Europe I Believe. Pic may be of some Beach in France. Good Guessing Game Here.

February 23rd, 2011, 2:55 pm #9

Thanks in advance,
Dee

February 23rd, 2011, 3:24 pm #10

Thanks in advance,
Dee
Looks like the same type of card Dee. Maybe it's a Pullman that didn't get the back printed..........is it the same type of card stock?