upper deck hair cuts

upper deck hair cuts

August 9th, 2017, 1:15 am #1

Ok, I hate to repeat myself but nobody on this forum has an opinion as to whether these are real or not. You all are going to let this shit infiltrate the NS hobby without a word. What a bunch of wimps. And who exactly is University archives? And I'll state again, PSA is grading this crap, they have DNA experts going back to Washington? Well how about Cleopatra, Cesar, JESUS? I'll ask you again Frank, your a doctor and you should have some opinion. I think it's a total scam. Anyone with John Wayne Gacey's hair, I'm a buyer.

August 9th, 2017, 1:20 am #2

I don't care for this stuff but I deal with that by not buying it. That's all the brain power it deserves from me.

August 9th, 2017, 2:20 am #3

Ok, I hate to repeat myself but nobody on this forum has an opinion as to whether these are real or not. You all are going to let this shit infiltrate the NS hobby without a word. What a bunch of wimps. And who exactly is University archives? And I'll state again, PSA is grading this crap, they have DNA experts going back to Washington? Well how about Cleopatra, Cesar, JESUS? I'll ask you again Frank, your a doctor and you should have some opinion. I think it's a total scam. Anyone with John Wayne Gacey's hair, I'm a buyer.
Well Daniel I guess that's an ok answer but it's like operation (Bullpen) autograph forgers, if you ignore it, does it go away?, or just ruin more of that aspect of the hobby making more of your stuff more worthless? I see no actual proof that any of these "Hair Cuts" are real. Way more devious scams have been committed. Any one with Son Of Sam's hair, I'm a buyer.

August 9th, 2017, 2:32 am #4

Collecting hair is definitely a "thing" and John Reznikoff (University Archives) is one of, if not the, guy for it. Not sure how you can ultimately verify something like that without some ironclad provenance. I know jars of Elvis' hair have traded hands in a precious Mastronet auction back in the day and Resnikoff has always been allied with PSA in some capacity I think. Not a hobby for me, but to each their own.

August 9th, 2017, 2:43 am #5

Did'nt Mastro leave the building with Elvis? Any one with Jeffrey Damers hair, I'm a buyer. And I'll tape it in his High School year book which I own. Thank you, thank you very much.

August 9th, 2017, 2:46 am #6

I don't collect autographs either so I don't care about that aspect of the hobby either. Since I am not investing in cards, merely collecting them the value is somewhat irrelevant to me. I essentially have ever card that I have ever gotten in my life. I almost never sell or trade anything. Really what's happening with new stuff isn't anything that I ever pay attention to.

August 9th, 2017, 3:12 am #7

Scary, I'm part of the crowd that ignores this stuff, hoping it will go away. Scientifically, I can't see any way to validate these follicles. Some of them come with "provenance": letters from hair collectors from the old days. They tell their tale of how they got hair samples from famous people and that makes them genuine. But that's hearsay, not scientific. So I don't believe they are real, I would never spend a dime on one and yes, I am surprised that PSA would put their brand on them.

August 9th, 2017, 3:14 am #8

I think your missing the point Daniel. If you have a great lake where you like to catch Perch and someone introduces Asian Flying Carp what do you think the end result will be. You'll catch Asian Flying Carp and you won't need a rod. And don't tell me, but I don't fish so I don't care. Anyone with Ted Bundy's hair, I'm a buyer.
Last edited by scaryclown on August 9th, 2017, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 9th, 2017, 3:20 am #9

Thanks Frank for your honest answer, and I kind of knew what it would be. I totally accept your diagnoses. Anyone with the Zodiac Killers hair, I'm a buyer.

August 9th, 2017, 3:28 am #10

I must be missing your point mine is that nothing happening with new stuff has any bearing on my collection, at all. You seem hung up on value. I don't care about that. It's a collection, not an investment.