Tobacco Carton Labels

Tobacco Carton Labels

September 30th, 2017, 6:59 pm #1

I bought this collection from a guy that had been collecting tobacco packs, tins and odd ball items for over 70 years and in one of the boxes there was a lot of tobacco carton labels going back to the 1900s through the 50s but had lenox, cairo, hassan, tolstoi, sweet caporal, mecca and more but I have no idea what these are even worth so if anyone can help please let me know.....my email is aaarich01@yahoo.com so i can send pics since i can't seem to post them here for some reason thanks

September 30th, 2017, 8:48 pm #2

I know a little something about cigar and cigarette labels. You can drop me a line and eventually I'll get to it

hmoses2@comcast.net

September 30th, 2017, 8:51 pm #3

I bought this collection from a guy that had been collecting tobacco packs, tins and odd ball items for over 70 years and in one of the boxes there was a lot of tobacco carton labels going back to the 1900s through the 50s but had lenox, cairo, hassan, tolstoi, sweet caporal, mecca and more but I have no idea what these are even worth so if anyone can help please let me know.....my email is aaarich01@yahoo.com so i can send pics since i can't seem to post them here for some reason thanks
Ignore. Different labels...
Last edited by sthoemke on October 1st, 2017, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 30th, 2017, 9:35 pm #4

If you happen to have a Knights of Columbus or Christopher Columbus one, I'd be interested. Obviously the Honus Wagner ones are pricey. And you've posted on the baseball side already, but T-set collectors would normally like having ephemera like that to display with their sets. Like I'd enjoy a Murad one.

September 30th, 2017, 10:09 pm #5

I am talking cigarette cartons not cigar box labels. Like Lenox, Cairo, cigarette cartons the labels from them that contained cards.

October 1st, 2017, 12:16 am #6

he is the expert on tobacco items around here. The other guys, hmm?
What do you think Charley? Henry has been collecting for many,
many years and knows what he is talking about when it comes to old tobacco.
He has helped me more times than I can count and I greatly appreciate it.
tm
Last edited by agfav on October 1st, 2017, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 1st, 2017, 1:36 am #7

Sorry, you used the term labels and it got me thinking about others I've seen. The pictures are uploaded on the main baseball board for those that want to see.