sweating edwards.....and then comes legendary

sweating edwards.....and then comes legendary

May 13th, 2012, 2:56 am #1

ouch. Anyone lending money?

May 13th, 2012, 4:27 am #2

Wow!!! Seiously strong prices tonight all across the board. I feel your pain Henry, sometimes one just has to fold and wait for the next hand. As a hobby freind of mine reminds me there will always be more cards available. Looks like a good night for consigners which really in a way is good for all of us.

May 16th, 2012, 2:52 pm #3

Yeppers! Some really strong action..I got "shut out" on a few/\. THat Jungle Gum just blew my mind and the 'Childhood collection of 1930's" $2750.00 before the juice? I was a player at 1500...Or so I thought (Ba HA)!

We live, we learn (Or not).

Conversely.. Really HUMDINGER buys on the Soldier Boys and Boy Scouts sets. IMHO.

" Showin the love since 1965 "

May 16th, 2012, 5:56 pm #4

on 12/13 lots. Winning bidder only on the lot of 6 ginter/duke store cards @ about retail but happy to replace a couple mounts I sold earlier - including the president's house that went to our leader and the preferred stock languishing on the left coast that may get to auction yet. The lot of large Kinney racehorses that hammered at 7500. + vig was my favorite lot that I couldn't touch and hope some will make their way into the marketplace as I no longer have a "type". Glad to be outbid on the Ewing and mascot OJ as I got caught up in the bidding frenzy and overbid for the final OJ card I'm looking to be in my type set. Final disappointments were the 11 Duke store cards that went one bid higher in early hours of the morning and the Goodwin round album - a good price @ 4000. + juice - not having the back cover sorta put me off as I intend to frame it like my other "special" albums - despite the minor restoration which wouldn't have been too much of a problem. One day I'll pull the trigger to complete my mini run. One good "buy" in these major auctions is about par for the course for me as my pockets not as deep as my desires. Some good lots for me to chase in legendary - HOPING for 3 "wins" there but again either my first or second choice will probably stand alone for lack of cash - Baltimore just around the corner and I have 5/6 sets to complete..........

May 16th, 2012, 6:17 pm #5

Pardon my stupidity with this question, but how in the hell does the average collectors "manage" (for lack of a better word) their funds for the many auction houses. In otherwords, lets say the average collector has $10,000 to spend this Spring on cards/memorabilia. Do they spend it all with REA, but yet they didn't know what Legendary has coming up for auction in the next few weeks or what Huggins & Scott has until they post it online, etc,..

May 17th, 2012, 3:16 am #6

Alan,

The Legendary preview has been up for a week or so. Most people knew what was coming in Legendary, before REA closed.

May 17th, 2012, 12:59 pm #7

tough to manage money in any of these situations........

I'm not 100% sure who won the horse N239 cabinets, but I feel about 99% sure they won't be surfacing again for auction.....

I have a single EX(ish) type that is unfortunately trimmed on all 4 sides. The photo is crystal clear and in great shape.

Even at $7500, that lot was a steal......that was less than $300 per.............I feel confident though that if someone had bid $15K on the lot, they would have still lost.

May 17th, 2012, 1:11 pm #8

Paddle # SK1051 - CALL HOME

CR

May 17th, 2012, 6:09 pm #9

I was thrilled to be outbid in REA once I saw the items in Legendary. By far the strongest catalog in my bailiwick since the 2008-2009 Heritage sell-off of Jeff Hull's boxing collection. Gonna have to work some O/T and sell some cards!

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

May 17th, 2012, 10:10 pm #10

Looks like Chad Dreier's non sports are surfacing in the latest Legendary auction. Some great tobacco posters there.