Soupy Sales - Two Odd Items With A Topps Connection

Soupy Sales - Two Odd Items With A Topps Connection

October 27th, 2013, 8:29 pm #1

Strangest Topps item ever? Snagged this off eBay, there have always been rumors some Soupy Sales cards came with a wallet and Benjamin states paper pictures indeed did but it looks like the Soupy connection is the wallet proper:

They removed the card number but the TCG copyright remains. I wonder how this was sold or perhaps it was a premium. In typical Topps fashion it is o/c.

There is also a kid's book, one of a series, that has a Topps twist. There is no actual link to Topps but check out the authors:

Robert Shorin was the son of Topps coufounder Abram Shorin. Barbara Gelman was Woody's daughter.
Last edited by dsh46 on October 27th, 2013, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 29th, 2013, 3:44 am #2

Wow! Very cool

October 29th, 2013, 10:50 pm #3

Strangest Topps item ever? Snagged this off eBay, there have always been rumors some Soupy Sales cards came with a wallet and Benjamin states paper pictures indeed did but it looks like the Soupy connection is the wallet proper:

They removed the card number but the TCG copyright remains. I wonder how this was sold or perhaps it was a premium. In typical Topps fashion it is o/c.

There is also a kid's book, one of a series, that has a Topps twist. There is no actual link to Topps but check out the authors:

Robert Shorin was the son of Topps coufounder Abram Shorin. Barbara Gelman was Woody's daughter.

Topps sure did love Soupy. Possibly where the paper cards came from as some (all?) of them were reproduced in this magazine.
Last edited by david_davis on October 29th, 2013, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 30th, 2013, 5:05 pm #4

Nice fiends Dave ,
While I was doing some looking I spotted another coloured wallet in grey .

Also stumbled across this interview that some folks might be interested in .

http://twomorrows.com/comicbookartist/a ... brown.html

October 30th, 2013, 10:49 pm #5

David and Mark-awesome stuff! I had read that Len Brown interview a dozen times and the magazines never registered for some reason. I just BIN'd a Man From UNCLE copy but Soupy seems more elusive. I am curious to see if some UNCLE cards are within. Is anyone able to post scans of the Soupy cards?

As for the gray wallet, I have not had a lot of time to dig into this but am not surprised and think it possible other colors exist. Also would think more than one Soupy Sez saying was used.

November 8th, 2013, 11:05 pm #6

This is my first time on this non sport site, looks great. Had to respond to Soupy collectors. Almost anything Soupy Sales is cool to get. Here is what I have been hording for years. The name on the card was my cousin.