SEPTEMBER PICK UPS

SEPTEMBER PICK UPS

September 5th, 2017, 10:05 pm #1

Wow I get the first pick up?
[/IMG]

September 5th, 2017, 10:14 pm #2

I got the T51 Murad College Series Amherst #23 from a board member who knew it was the last one I needed for the Master set. Thanks for the trade, Phil!
">

I got a duplicate that I know smpep needs to finish his Master Set as well.
Last edited by swarmee on September 5th, 2017, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 6th, 2017, 12:03 am #3

[/IMG]
That's great John. Can't be too many master sets out there. These four R44 Don't Let It Happen Over Here complete my set. I started this set and R48 Film Funnies at the same time; I'm not even close on the Film Funnies but very happy to have this one complete.

Last edited by PancakeBunny on September 6th, 2017, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 6th, 2017, 12:17 am #4

[/IMG]
Not sure I posted this before:

In 1979 Warner Bros issued cards in packs to promote its artists, so this is a Prince "rookie card".

September 7th, 2017, 10:36 pm #5

[/IMG]
Pins - Presidents, Indians, Movie Stars, and Dogs
[/IMG]

Flag pins, 2 different sets, with or without tassels. In the no tassle set the same flag is shown
for Nicaragua and Salvador.
[/IMG]

Some Boy Scout cards and Nestle Chiller Club cards.
[/IMG]
Aviation Series, a Canadian set.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Sealtest TV Circus tabs.
[/IMG]

Krinx Cards
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Peanut Stickers and Sealed packs of Wonders of the Animal Kingdom.
[/IMG]

Match books with Wrigley Gum cartoons on the inside. Dragstrip car cards and Xrated Star Wars card
[/IMG]

Japanese strip cards. Two have Popeye, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck cards.
[/IMG]

Tarzan strip cards, Japanese. Hassan Animal Cards and Swift company, Snow White stamps
[/IMG]

Cereal Box Backs, two sizes
[/IMG]

Cereal box backs
[/IMG]

Whistle Toy candy cards 9" X 9"
[/IMG]

Jell-o Circus packages
[/IMG]

Skinner Raisin Bran car cards and Nabisco Animal Heros cards
[/IMG]

Boxed Zoom game, complete. Plane Packet, complete. Coke Nature Study cards, complete
and a Baseball Post card
[/IMG]
Last edited by KenBush on October 4th, 2017, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 8th, 2017, 1:12 am #6

[/IMG]
Great haul Ken. I have never seen the Krinx Animal cards and love them. They are a lot like the "Kinderbeast" cards which I also like. - Jack J.

September 10th, 2017, 2:19 pm #7

[/IMG]
I picked this one up recently. The German card market has a wealth of cards that seem fairly undiscovered on the other side of the Atlantic. This set is one of them in the fact that it contains the earliest known Good Year Blimp Card...the "Pilgrim." While the Pilgrim wasn't the first blimp built by Good Year, it was the first to have the words Good Year printed on the side. This 1932 German "Die Eroberung Der Lift" (The Conquest of the Air) set was the first to capture the iconic Good Year Blimp image on a card. In fact, the only other cards I can find of the early Good Year blimps are postcards. This set was made to collect and paste into an album which was typical of the German tobacco sets of this era. Surprisingly, this small lot of cards I won at auction survived this pasting fate. Köberich catalogues this set as the 20703-5 and it chronicles the history of human flight over 234 cards from mechanical wings on humans to passenger aircraft and blimps. Each card measures approximately 2 7/17" x 1 9/16".

September 11th, 2017, 12:49 am #8

[/IMG]
I think the Third Reich made German cards basically uncollectable. That and the language barrier.

September 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm #9

[/IMG]
I wouldn't say that, John. There are many, many really nice German issues from the prewar era and they are quite popular. I have an extensive type collection of German cards from the era (boxing). What makes many of them less desired is their abundance. Cards like the Sanella issue are easily found but really nice additions to a collection nevertheless:

You can also plug any card back into Google translate and get a pretty good translation.
Last edited by boxingcardman on September 11th, 2017, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 12th, 2017, 4:42 am #10

[/IMG]
Nice German Boxing Card! Yeah, I don't believe the Nazis killed German Card Collecting. Same with Japan. I think language is a hurdle, but the biggest is the lack of checklists in my opinion. No one knows what's in each set so it's hard to chase what you don't know is there.