October Pickups

October Pickups

September 30th, 2012, 11:22 pm #1

Yeah, I know it's a few hours early. But I'm really excited about these pickups. (Disclaimer: A few of these cards aren't new, but most are. I'm just using the scans from my Type Collection instead of separating the new cards out and scanning them by themselves.)

September 30th, 2012, 11:31 pm #2

are one of the few issues that look better than the album presents.... Are you chasing the set? IMHO 2 of the more important NS cards are in the set!

October 1st, 2012, 12:09 am #3

Yeah, I know it's a few hours early. But I'm really excited about these pickups. (Disclaimer: A few of these cards aren't new, but most are. I'm just using the scans from my Type Collection instead of separating the new cards out and scanning them by themselves.)

Henry, I'm not really chasing any N sets. But I'll buy any cards in PSA 6s or higher in sets I like. I'd certainly enjoy having a complete set of the N85 stamps. I'll bite on the big two cards? Are they the Postmaster General Wanamaker and Rowland Hill? Or two others?

Alan

October 1st, 2012, 12:51 am #4

postmaster general important - but so too any card in any set of any luminary. The two cards are important because they showed the contemporanaeous (can't speeel) affliction that is at the core of our hobby today. You get 2 more guesses..........

October 1st, 2012, 1:06 am #5

You got me Henry. I have no reason to guess any of the others. So reveal the truth please.

Alan

October 1st, 2012, 1:44 am #6

got any duke cards?
give us that card mister.

while a couple of sets like sweet caporal nationalities depict the packs the cards came in - there are nearly no references to card collecting at the time ON CARDS THEMSELVES. Occasionally on a trade card maybe (and then as a specific reference - not as element of the subject as above), and there are a couple of postcards, but not on N or even T cards that come to mind...... As you can see - the importance is a bit contrieved and subjective - the best of what this hobby is all about.

October 3rd, 2012, 2:42 am #7

J P Coats H606 Military Uniforms set of (20) cards. Condition varies but mostly VGEX or so. Also a companion booklet that I have never seen before that pictures about 1/2 of the cards in the set. Very, very cool item. I intend to get the 20 card scanned front and back and get them to dan for a gallery page this week. For now, I've scanned the entire booklet and will send it to him. Here's the front/back covers and some interior pages......

October 3rd, 2012, 11:29 am #8

Tom, very nice pickup on the J&P Coats Military cards as well as the booklet. That is a great set and tough to come by. I have been picking away at it card by card, like you had not seen the booklet. Thanks for showing.

Alan- always enjoy seeing your cards, what a fantastic type collection. The amount of sets and cards out there just seems endless. Since you have started with N cards I am curious to see if you will ever get into the H Trade cards. That was one of the last genre's I got into in card collecting, now I am pretty much hooked on everything having to with cards.

October 3rd, 2012, 1:16 pm #9

Great cards Tom. Thanks for sharing.

Jerry,, I don't have any plans to move into H cards, but if I see nice PSA examples I certainly would love to add them to my Type Collection. The H cards I've seen are all super cards. Feel free to post some examples. You can probably tempt Dan into adding a Gallery page for them!

Alan
Last edited by AlanRM on October 3rd, 2012, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 3rd, 2012, 2:57 pm #10

Would be tougher, but not impossible, to move into H's for you as they're larger and quite a bit tougher to find in REALLY high grade since so many were glued into scrapbooks. Always love seeing your stuff.