October Pickups

October Pickups

October 4th, 2010, 1:14 pm #1

It looks like the Allen & Ginter cards were pulled from a scrapbook, guessing they were once cabinet cards? The 4 cards on the right are from Ward's bread.

Neat looking "big Circus" bread card at the bottom, the back of the card can be seen in the picture above.

Last edited by GGterps on October 4th, 2010, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 5th, 2010, 12:36 am #2

These came in the mail today and they are a generous gift from a Net54 member. I memtioned I was just starting this set and I was sent these to help me get started. All I can say is THANK YOU and I will try to pass this forward in the future.

October 5th, 2010, 9:41 pm #3

It looks like the Allen & Ginter cards were pulled from a scrapbook, guessing they were once cabinet cards? The 4 cards on the right are from Ward's bread.

Neat looking "big Circus" bread card at the bottom, the back of the card can be seen in the picture above.

I have no idea why I bought this card. I don't collect the set. It just caught my eye - I couldn't resist. Maybe I'll just get the rest of the tank cards...

October 5th, 2010, 10:15 pm #4

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

October 6th, 2010, 11:35 am #5

Recent flea mkt and show pickups....

October 6th, 2010, 12:56 pm #6

are neat. Don't know I've seen any of those with additional advertising on the front--or the back for that matter. Also like the margarine plane set or near set. Great cards.

October 6th, 2010, 1:17 pm #7

Tom,
Those planes are actually from Lever Bros. soap and are printed on an aluminum type card stock. Easily scratched.

October 6th, 2010, 3:43 pm #8

Who made the Lucky Charms wrapper? I haven't seen it before.

October 6th, 2010, 4:11 pm #9

Terry, made by Samuel Eppy Inc. dated 1951

October 6th, 2010, 4:45 pm #10

Todd, you are one of several collectors that I would really, really like to see all they have collected. I could probably spend months looking thru everything. The diversity and assortment is really outstanding,way to go....

If you decide to get rid of the TV Western wrapper please let me know. I'll see if I can hock something to afford it.