October Pick Ups

October Pick Ups

October 1st, 2013, 10:25 am #1

Ordered September , arrived today .

Italian Coffee cards with familiar themes . Early 1950's .

October 1st, 2013, 11:09 am #2

Those are cool!

October 1st, 2013, 1:22 pm #3

Have wanted one of these for a long time. Right now seems to be a buyers market!

Jon.

October 1st, 2013, 4:47 pm #4

Todd , there are many series available (6 extra large cards)from Lavazza for less than $10 , most sets contain super art work and colours .

Jon , nice pick up and agreed that it seems to be a buyers market on many card related items .

Todd , another from the Peter Pan set .

October 2nd, 2013, 8:14 pm #5

and this neat A&G trade card I hadn't seen before. If I wasn't so lazy - I'd try and look it up in the WTI - figure it's part of a set but? It's often hard to find exactly what made this funny about the one dog's hat - I have noticed mnay hard to decipher quips and such like on many of the Duke Jokes series and other TOC advertising ephemera.

October 4th, 2013, 7:26 pm #6

This D41 bread card set is new to me and I think I like it alot.

Todd - Looks like "Peter Minuit Buying The Island Of Manhatten" should be included in your checklist. -Jack J.
Last edited by fallbrookjack on October 4th, 2013, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 5th, 2013, 12:36 am #7

Great cards from everyone. Nice color and art in those Italian coffee cards Mark. The D41 set of historical scenes is a great set in my eye.

Henry-The humor in your A&G was tough to get. I asked my father who being a 1960 Yale graduate in English and has done nothing but read, watch baseball and collect stamps his whole life usually can answer or find out. He had not a clue about the humor, way before his time. Just by chance it came to me in of all places on an episode of Boardwalk Empire. Season 3 episode 8 titled "The Pony". In talking about the episode at the end of the show they say "pony" was a term used in theater to describe the actor/actress who was the comical or "cut up" of the bunch. Your card I think is just picking one out the four who is just that, just to say there is always one in the bunch. I could be way wrong but that is the best I could come up with.

This is one of the great things about card/ephemera collecting, I am always learning stuff.

October 5th, 2013, 1:15 am #8

I'm buying! Thanks.

October 8th, 2013, 1:04 pm #9

These were a milk mail-away version of the cards on the cartons...

Never saw a cello tray box like this from PCG...

I thought this was cool. It has large gummed back "stamps" with the D60 artwork...

Large (8x15) 1890's periodical cut-outs. The cool thing about these is you know the actual day of issue..

This is my favorite of the group...

A bit non-PC Uncle Tom playset...

Never saw these from our old strip card friend M.P. & Co. Does anyone know if these are in the ACC?

They fold open to connect the dots war scenes...

Cereal inserts...

Thought these were neat. They are small (1.75 x 2.5) and have blank backs. The box says there are 50 and there are 50 in the box. However, the box has several people pictured that are not inside. I wonder if it was just an assortment of a larger series or marketing or something else. Wonder if anyone else has seen these - Troy??

This really made me laugh. Made in 1979 from a record company. The backs look like baseball cards. Complete set with a wrapper for the band "Yipes!". Pretty elaborate set for a band I have never heard of.

These aren't old but are on vintage items. I had never seen these either. Made in the late 1990's and early 2000's they did 3 sets. Each set actually looks like a book with a cover and spine. The pages are actually trading cards that depict all sorts of rare classic books. There are 228 different titles across all 3 series that include: Tolkien, Edger Rice Burroughs, H.G. Wells, and many more. The backs contain details and pricing. If you like books and cards this is a really neat series...
Last edited by non-sport.com on October 8th, 2013, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 8th, 2013, 8:45 pm #10

Todd - Some great pick-ups. Love the Screen Star pennants.

When I get stuff, I have to decide which binder it goes in. You must have to choose the right warehouse. -Jack J/