October pick ups

October pick ups

October 2nd, 2015, 2:37 am #1

These HOW cards arrived today. Mostly high numbers but six low numbers as well. I'm getting close on HOW. Working on securing another batch as I write this.

Topped my 100th pickup of IG for the year which pretty much knocked my expectations out of the park for this set for the year. Four series of 24 and a low skip number series of 48 in this group. Narrowing down some of the easier stuff leaves me with more of the harder series though...

Lower grades but these two put me at 18 of 30 for R14 American Historical Characters; sometimes I'm happy with whatever comes my way.

Thanks to John Hardgrove for making me aware of this album to compliment my Crazy cars bread set:

Lastly, remember this pin back; you will be seeing it again before the end of the year...

Last edited by PancakeBunny on October 3rd, 2015, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 2nd, 2015, 2:45 am #2

Happy to have seen this one first. Dan - please add to the B32 gallery page.

Jeff

October 2nd, 2015, 6:08 pm #3

These HOW cards arrived today. Mostly high numbers but six low numbers as well. I'm getting close on HOW. Working on securing another batch as I write this.

Topped my 100th pickup of IG for the year which pretty much knocked my expectations out of the park for this set for the year. Four series of 24 and a low skip number series of 48 in this group. Narrowing down some of the easier stuff leaves me with more of the harder series though...

Lower grades but these two put me at 18 of 30 for R14 American Historical Characters; sometimes I'm happy with whatever comes my way.

Thanks to John Hardgrove for making me aware of this album to compliment my Crazy cars bread set:

Lastly, remember this pin back; you will be seeing it again before the end of the year...

Daniel - Some nice looking HOW cards including one of the tough ones.
Jeff - Thanks for adding one more rug to the Gallery.

The G-Men and Navy strip cards are rough, but they fill some holes and I'm glad to get them. I enjoy many of the cut-out cards and the Donald bread card is a nice addition. - Jack J.

October 5th, 2015, 2:09 am #4

I've been AWOL, working on a project for the past few weeks, but that doesn't mean I haven't been picking up cards!

This one was an eBay pickup. The rest were through the generosity (purchases, trades, gifts, etc.) of board members.

October 6th, 2015, 12:55 am #5

I'm loving October so far. These arrived today. The True Spy Stories #1 finishes my set while the other two upgrade a couple of very poor condition cards; welcome upgrades. This Action Gum takes me down to needing only two. The Planes #9 was an opportunistic buy simply because it is a #9; I needed the other Planes card for my set. Both are red backs.

Up to four Dare Devils now; going to try to put together a mostly EX set if possible. Beautiful Ships is an upgrade; it's a great 1930s set available for a reasonable price.

After receiving this Batman my blue puzzle back set is finished. The I'm Going to Be is an upgrade:

October 8th, 2015, 6:51 pm #6

Some recent pickups...........

Donat Indiana Chocolate cards from France.....pretty large group of flags, airplanes, sport and marine de guerre (water war?)......some samples

Group of (4) nice 6x9 larger Newsboys.....gets me up to about 40/100. Have some dupes if anyone has any for trade........

Group of French Chocolate China cards for my China collection for my girls. Was lucky to get two sets of these cards within a couple weeks.....one for each girl!

October 8th, 2015, 7:46 pm #7

Tom - Great looking French cards. The only "Indiana" cards I have are six Indian series cards. The French/China cards are beautiful. - Jack J.

October 9th, 2015, 1:00 am #8

I've waited a while to find one of these.

October 9th, 2015, 3:52 pm #9

Jason,
That is neat. Never saw a complete box before.

October 9th, 2015, 7:35 pm #10

Todd,

There are a couple more here: http://www.collectingcandy.com/wordpress/?p=11512