new T222 actor card discovered

new T222 actor card discovered

October 1st, 2016, 12:31 am #1

Contradicting my certainty that you never see anything new, Andy Madec has listed on eBay (link) a previously unknown T222 Fatima card of the actor J. Warren Kerrigan (his IMDb bio is worth the read). The count of T222 actors & actresses had been stuck at 7 for a long time, but we now have #8. These cards are ridiculously scarce and, unfortunately, Madec knows that and chose to price the card at $1200, so it'll be available for viewing on eBay for the next decade or so. In any case, very cool find.

October 1st, 2016, 2:26 pm #2

My first post on Non-Sports side

Great card Bill, agree that the price is a bit absurd, but someone took it! I gained a deeper appreciation for the actors as I tried to acquire a couple for a friend. Very tough indeed, some of them may be unique.

October 1st, 2016, 4:45 pm #3

Contradicting my certainty that you never see anything new, Andy Madec has listed on eBay (link) a previously unknown T222 Fatima card of the actor J. Warren Kerrigan (his IMDb bio is worth the read). The count of T222 actors & actresses had been stuck at 7 for a long time, but we now have #8. These cards are ridiculously scarce and, unfortunately, Madec knows that and chose to price the card at $1200, so it'll be available for viewing on eBay for the next decade or so. In any case, very cool find.
Yep, it was sold only moments after I posted. I wrongly figured there was no demand for an actor card at that price, but someone wanted it.

I have all of the baseball and track & field cards in the set, but have only been able to acquire 4 of the actors & actresses (Panzer, Sindelar, Baggot, Wilbur). The others are Florence Lawrence (seen only once, on eBay in 2005), Della Connor, Ethel Grandin and now J. Warren Kerrigan. Keith O'Leary once had a bunch of them and he may still. Dan's T222 gallery shows 5 of them.

Bill

October 1st, 2016, 5:19 pm #4

Welcome on board gentlemen, just a quick note to let you that on this side of the trading community, posting a live auction link (eBay, to name it) is frown upon, not a hard rule per see but more of a gentlemen agreement that most (all) of the people here adhere too.

On a personal note I'm glad you posted it, I'll add the card to my website.

October 1st, 2016, 7:40 pm #5

Didn't sounds like a live auction, I thought reading the initial post it was a Buy-It-Now. I have no problem posting those, because whoever happens to see it first gets it if they want it.

October 1st, 2016, 7:51 pm #6

Great post! Love these kind and nice job providing a fantastic full-sized picture, front and back.

Claude, I think showing BINs are encouraged as it gives the Net54 members a heads-up in case they want to buy it.

October 1st, 2016, 9:16 pm #7

I think P.T. Barnum had the answer as to why someone would pay such an idiotic price for that card. "There's a sucker born every minute".

October 1st, 2016, 10:32 pm #8

@ flubadub
And that can be said by any non collector to anyone of us here.

And I guess you guys are right regarding a BIN vs a live auction unless you are in the process of working a deal (also known as a best offer) with the seller.

October 2nd, 2016, 1:32 am #9

And who says I don't collect? I think my collection would stand up pretty well with other board members collections. I said it before, just because
something is rare doesn't mean it's worth big $ or even any $. I'd like to know who else would pay that kind of money for that card on this board. Not only that, I have a Masters degree in card valuations from Trump University so I know what I'm talk'n bout. And not "outing" auctions but it's ok to out BINS? Don't get me started.

October 2nd, 2016, 1:50 am #10

http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~dan/T222/go.html