May pickups

May pickups

May 2nd, 2015, 9:00 pm #1

One of the dolls is Estey Organ. Does anyone know the series on the man (high grade cigarettes). It is paper, not a card.
Missing the rat, dog, and cock on the Ayer's Jack's house set.

May 2nd, 2015, 10:23 pm #2

Roger, your Esty Doll is probably missing it's back, Because if it had the back (mine doesn't) it would state Cuba ~ "5 Dolls, America & Her Possissions"
they are ~ U.S.A., Cuba, Porto Rico, Hawaii, & ? a Spanish lady?
Same images were also used by Hunnington Piano & Sterling Piano but these backs have no set I.D.

Your Ayer's House that Jack Built is also Short these & a very small box of Pills (I think this & Rat are the hardest)

I can't help on the tobacco item, other than to guess that it's missing tobacco brand name on the missing back.

Ron

May 3rd, 2015, 1:56 am #3

One of the dolls is Estey Organ. Does anyone know the series on the man (high grade cigarettes). It is paper, not a card.

I was in Pennsylvania, near the Allentown paper show, but setting up at a flea mkt near there. At one of the small shops in the area I bought these Telonette Cigars cards. Several duplicates as well as several very neat images, to me the one with the lady and kid is a modern looking picture. (modern arrangement, not at all formal)

May 3rd, 2015, 3:29 am #4

Some pickups from the first day of the Philly Show today.

The airplane card is a regional issue from Purity Pretzel Stix of Harrisburg, PA.

Clockwise from top left: Shotwell's Molly-O, back of the Purity Pretzel card, Ray-O-Print outfit and Graf Zeppelin negative, and Peter Paul dog card.

Clockwise from top left: Skelly Oil All-American Space Fleet promo insert, Tri-City Grocery Beverly Hillbillies variant, 1949 Topps License Plates wrapper, Maclean's Toothpaste Batman and back of the Shotwell's Molly-O card.

A couple scarce 1960s pickups.

Back of the Spooking Size Candy Cigarettes box, just because I like it.

And finally, a couple '70s pickups. The tattoos pack was produced by Topps in Pennsylvania and exported overseas in 1971; I purchased it from one of the Merchants Square Mall vendors. The Shaun Cassidy card is a mock-up from a Topps presentation board and was never produced (thanks again, Bob!).

May 3rd, 2015, 1:43 pm #5

Roger,

The High Grade Cigarettes card is listed as an N754 single card known possibly from Kimball.

I can't quickly find the one I own right now, but think the head portion is pre-cut to push-through, is your like that?

Greg

May 3rd, 2015, 2:11 pm #6

Roger, yes Greg is right your card is listed in the new book, and it is indeed from Kimball's "High Grade" brand.

May 3rd, 2015, 2:27 pm #7

Nice large Kimball Card

Ron

May 3rd, 2015, 6:57 pm #8

Set of cards after the Coleman (artist) christmas Cards. Pretty scarce.
In todays world, one could get into trouble with such pubescent images.
Think of the uproar...if an large national company did this today???

Nudity images are not very common amongst all trade cards.

May 3rd, 2015, 9:56 pm #9

similar to yours - got mine from Marty and believe he had one other. Think framing it cost me 125.00+ because it's a keeper (was offered twice what I paid at the show I bought it at and didn't give it a thought) and despite the fantastic "look" - no room to hang it. Just a super piece JB - I'll try and get a pic of mine - very harlequin like with a little Maxfield Parrish and Peter Max thrown in......

May 3rd, 2015, 11:15 pm #10

Henry, this would have been the other one that Marty had as I relieved him of it some time back.
It is one of my favorite pieces, Marty sure has a good eye:-)