Magic-Mystery Solution Cards

Magic-Mystery Solution Cards

May 26th, 2012, 6:23 am #1

Can anyone tell me anything about these (other than "keep 'em dry")? Scarcity, value, etc? They have a date of 1948 printed on them, which I assume is correct, but I haven't found any reference to them in the usual guides. I'm assuming they would be referred to as Magic-Mystery Solution Cards?

Last edited by thecatspajamas on May 27th, 2012, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 27th, 2012, 4:14 am #2

There where 12 different mysteries printed on the backs of Post
Corn Toasties boxes.The ones that I have or have seen are #1 The
Mummy's Secret,#4 The Merman of Coomballow,#5 The Ghost Car,
#6 The Siren of Santo Domingo and #9 The Ghost of Ardan.

The solutions to the mysteries were inserted in the boxes. I have
or have seen the following solutions. #1 The Mummy's Secret, #2 The
Teeth of Death, #4 The Merman of Coomballow,#6 The Siren of Santo
Domingo and #11 The Phantom Castle.

For a check list of 7 from the set of 12.

I can not help you with the value, but they are seldom seen.

Ken

Box Back

[/IMG]

May 27th, 2012, 12:12 pm #3

Can anyone tell me anything about these (other than "keep 'em dry")? Scarcity, value, etc? They have a date of 1948 printed on them, which I assume is correct, but I haven't found any reference to them in the usual guides. I'm assuming they would be referred to as Magic-Mystery Solution Cards?

Neat set!

Here is the checklist:

1: The Mummy's Secret
2: The Teeth Of The Death
3: House Of Terror
4: The Merman Of Coomballow
5: The Ghost Car
6: The Siren Of Santa Domingo
7: The Mystery Of Brian's Banshee
8: The Mystery Of The Clammy Ghost
9: The Ghost Ship Of Ardah
10: The Mystery Of The Crimson Dagger
11: The Phantom Castle Of Ranta
12: The Mystery Of The Pointing Bone

Here is a developed card:

A box panel with end flap:

May 27th, 2012, 12:23 pm #4

the mystery solved .
well done to all who showed and shared .

May 27th, 2012, 6:48 pm #5

Thanks to everyone for the info, and to Dan for the e-mailed box image. I can always count on you guys!

May 27th, 2012, 8:23 pm #6

Todd, is there an F-xxx we can use for a webpage ?

May 27th, 2012, 10:34 pm #7

Dan,
This series doesn't have a number. It is not in the ACC and the NSB doesn't list it either. It would have been F278-XX (something). Chris goes up to F278-55 so why don't we refer to this one as F278-56?

All in favor????

May 27th, 2012, 10:37 pm #8

Lance,
Let me know if you decide to sell any of your cards. I'd love to have an undeveloped one as a type.

May 27th, 2012, 10:52 pm #9

thanks for stepping up, Todd

Net54 will use that category