JULY 2013 PICK UPS

JULY 2013 PICK UPS

July 5th, 2013, 6:58 pm #1

Some new (old) stuff from mid-June through this week.

I don't think the cowboy tattoos were necessarily a gum/candy issue, but they're still pretty cool (and the price was definitely right).

It's hard to read in the center of the card, but the Exhibit postcard at the left was printed for Pacific Ocean Park, which makes it a cross-collectible for my defunct amusement park memorabilia collection. The Cardo gum stick was new to me; I honestly thought all of the Cardo product was distributed in gumless boxes.

Outside of flyer.

Left inside flyer.

Right inside flyer.

The War Gum card in the preceding photo is from the Canadian issue.

It wasn't until I laid these out for the photo that I realized the two center cards in the second row are actually the same card, only with the negatives reversed.

Complete set of Uncle Sam low cards, minus No. 7. I'm hoping to pick it up at a future Philly show.

Very happy with these!

I've only ever seen one set of these in person. I wonder if these are the same ones.

I'm a little suspicious that all of these have sort of a "wheat" pattern in the printing, but most of the ones I can find images of online do not. Is that normal?

These are a little beat up, but fit nicely in my "type" collection, as well as my budget.

The "letter" cards are from a Mallo Cup contest. I stumbled across them on eBay when I was searching for the Vess puzzle cards in the first photo, and the BIN was so low, I couldn't resist. I had never seen them before. I was very happy with the deal I got on the Rinso Paladin card, as well.

July 5th, 2013, 7:10 pm #2

someone else's private "fleas" as that's quite a spanse in terms of scope, age, and volume! Mostly I'm lucky if I snag an item or two in a month and I have a wide range albeit era centric.....

July 5th, 2013, 7:16 pm #3

I don't think the cowboy tattoos were necessarily a gum/candy issue, but they're still pretty cool (and the price was definitely right).

It's hard to read in the center of the card, but the Exhibit postcard at the left was printed for Pacific Ocean Park, which makes it a cross-collectible for my defunct amusement park memorabilia collection. The Cardo gum stick was new to me; I honestly thought all of the Cardo product was distributed in gumless boxes.

Outside of flyer.

Left inside flyer.

Right inside flyer.

It wasn't until I laid these out for the photo that I realized the two center cards in the second row are actually the same card, only with the negatives reversed.

Complete set of Uncle Sam low cards, minus No. 7. I'm hoping to pick it up at a future Philly show.

Very happy with these!

I've only ever seen one set of these in person. I wonder if these are the same ones.

I'm a little suspicious that all of these have sort of a "wheat" pattern in the printing, but most of the ones I can find images of online do not. Is that normal?

These are a little beat up, but fit nicely in my "type" collection, as well as my budget.

The "letter" cards are from a Mallo Cup contest. I stumbled across them on eBay when I was searching for the Vess puzzle cards in the first photo, and the BIN was so low, I couldn't resist. I had never seen them before. I was very happy with the deal I got on the Rinso Paladin card, as well.
Hey, you leave my fleas out of this! lol. A number of those items were the result of a mixed lot I won from Legendary. That said, I lucked up on some nice eBay finds in the past few weeks, as well. Glad you like them!

July 5th, 2013, 9:40 pm #4

Outside of flyer.

Left inside flyer.

Right inside flyer.

Very happy with these!

Jason: Think the "guess what" wrappers are probably a deal..you got some variety and most have puzzle intact.

I love the "Goldfink" gum Machine insert...sold my last one over a year ago...

Those Uncle sam's seem to be in EX or better condition? Are they Trimmed? No knock, just curious

HMOSES: I agree... I hardly ever find anything "floating" anymore as far as NONSPORT or RARE goes... Unless of course I log onto EBAY Museums that have beebn relisting the same things for years at nonsensical prices. (sigh)

CR

July 6th, 2013, 1:36 am #5

Outside of flyer.

Left inside flyer.

Right inside flyer.

Very happy with these!

Jason, lots of cool stuff!

Those Dixie lids originally came with wax paper on them to protect the ice cream. Yours still have the wax paper intact. Once you got the lid you were supposed to remove the paper. Yours are still intact.

July 6th, 2013, 4:50 am #6

Outside of flyer.

Left inside flyer.

Right inside flyer.

Very happy with these!

Thanks for the info., Todd! I got them on the low-ish end of what they're probably worth, and when I received them and saw the "wheat" patterns, I started to suspect my deal wasn't the deal I thought it was. Glad to know I was wrong.

Charley, I agree that I did well with the Guess What wrappers (thanks to Greg Galliger for that). Believe it or not, I picked up the Goldfinks piece (along with a bunch of other stuff -- some card-related, most not) for a cool $2 from an online outlet that specializes in new old stock. I stumbled upon it quite by accident.

The Uncle Sam cards were from Legendary. I don't think they were trimmed, per se, but the auction listed them as having been mostly hand-cut (from a full sheet, I presume).

July 6th, 2013, 11:57 pm #7

Outside of flyer.

Left inside flyer.

Right inside flyer.

Very happy with these!

Jason,

More information on the Dixie Lids. Back several years ago ( 15 or more ) there was a large find of these. They
were never used on the ice cream cups. They came in a long round tube, memory fails me but I think the were
two feet or more long. A friend of mine had several of the full tubes. At one time I had several full sets.
To this day they are still one of the easiest sets to find. And as Todd said they still have thin protective paper
and are in mint condition.

Ken

July 7th, 2013, 2:24 am #8

Outside of flyer.

Left inside flyer.

Right inside flyer.

Very happy with these!

Jason,
Ken is right. That is the large diameter set from 1952 you have there. It is probably the most common set but I think you see them less and less. It is still a great set. Lots of big stars in that year.

July 8th, 2013, 6:18 pm #9

Outside of flyer.

Left inside flyer.

Right inside flyer.

Very happy with these!

One of the Essentials ... a beautiful R158 wrapper from 1941. Thanks to Marty K. and Bob T. for getting this into the collection. -Jack J.

July 8th, 2013, 6:49 pm #10

Outside of flyer.

Left inside flyer.

Right inside flyer.

Very happy with these!

MUST....RESIST....WRAPPER....COLLECTING....

MUST....BE....STRONG