January Pickups

January Pickups

January 3rd, 2016, 4:42 am #1

I started the year off right today when this mixed lot of over 200 cards arrived in the mail.

January 4th, 2016, 2:22 am #2

A type card collection for the type card collector. Merry Christmas Jason. I didn't get any cards but I did get a PSA subscription and a gift certificate to Scottsdale Cards. I'll hopefully be posting later in the month!

January 4th, 2016, 2:56 am #3

I started the year off right today when this mixed lot of over 200 cards arrived in the mail.

you've arrived at the dark side

January 4th, 2016, 3:46 am #4

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Jason. There are only 42 cards in that lot.

January 5th, 2016, 1:01 am #5

I know what you are saying Henry but I have a Sea Raiders set that I had graded at one of the Nationals six or eight years ago that was missing four or five high numbers and I have picked up all but one over the years. I'd like to get them encapsulated for the same reason that I break out most of the cards that I buy; I like my sets to be stored in a uniform fashion. Either in pages or in holders but not really a mixed combination. The only way to be able to do that is to join. Plus, if I ask for specific things for Christmas then I don't receive random things that I don't need or really want.

January 5th, 2016, 2:05 am #6

I am on my third year as a PSA member. Have sent in about 4 bulk submissions (between 50-100) and will be sending in another 2-3 this year. Too bad their price/card for bulk submissions went up 50 cents this month. Should have mailed them on Dec 31....

And there are more cards in the photo than appear: some of the stacks show depth... that's one reason I love the COMC website. I have bought cards from a lot of those sets and relisted them on site without having to do any work. The military star power in that image (Nimitz, Chennault) is pretty impressive.

January 6th, 2016, 12:19 am #7

JOHN: " .. there are more cards in the photo than appear: some of the stacks show depth... that's one reason I love the COMC website. I have bought cards from a lot of those sets and relisted them on site without having to do any work"

ME: Can you expand? I do not understand the above statement.

CR

January 9th, 2016, 3:37 pm #8

Jason,
Looks like a lot of fun!

(Last) Weekend Pickups...

Other recent acquisitions...

Not sure what to make of these. I know they have been discussed on here before but I have never seen anything that looks so fake. They look like they were run off a laser printer. I could make some that are more convincing printed on my home inkjet printer.

January 9th, 2016, 7:52 pm #9

Hope that everyone is having a great 2016 so far. My pickups include upgrades and set builders. Continuing to work on Sky Birds and very happy to pick up an unopened pack of Seal Craft gum; struck by its small size.

The other side of the pack; the Noah's Ark are only 4s but they are all upgrades to my set. My first two from the US Caramel Presidents set and one for the Battleship Gum set.

On a nice roll of picking up wrappers lately and this Uncle Sam will go nicely with my set.

Last edited by PancakeBunny on January 10th, 2016, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 10th, 2016, 11:32 pm #10

Daniel,
Your "R" collection is really coming together!

Weekend pickups...

Chaplin flip movie has no markings..

Coolidge is the current president in the booklet..

These are great! Nice shape from 1937. The pictures don't do them justice as the color is fantastic.