JANUARY Pick Ups

JANUARY Pick Ups

January 3rd, 2013, 8:34 pm #1

Nothing earth shattering..just some "stuff".
Couple R55's and 2 fakes..1 very bad (ruth) 1 pretty good (jordan)(note the "orange flag")

A few CROWN MATCH Co Covers " Crowns"...and Being a sucker for 1st and last cards...Monkees #44 dual auto

Also Collect STAR MATCH "talls"..hard to come by compared to others

A few "FEATURE" FULL Matchbooks..The "Devil" is pretty scarce..also like the "Hotdogs" with Pop Up Display...This was a very expensive matchbook to advertise with back in the day.

And of course I had to get something for myself after Christmas...Kimber .45

Edited to add STAR Match, Double posted CROWNS
Last edited by oldbubblegum on January 3rd, 2013, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 4th, 2013, 2:06 am #2

It was a great Christmas at my house! Of course, I bought a few gifts for myself, too.... (Apologies for the photo quality.)

The Roy Rogers-es are from England. Missing one card from the set.

Not sure what this strip set is, but I think it's foreign. Any help?

And finally, the creme de la creme, as far as I'm concerned.

January 4th, 2013, 5:35 pm #3

Couple R55's and 2 fakes..1 very bad (ruth) 1 pretty good (jordan)(note the "orange flag")

A few CROWN MATCH Co Covers " Crowns"...and Being a sucker for 1st and last cards...Monkees #44 dual auto

A few "FEATURE" FULL Matchbooks..The "Devil" is pretty scarce..also like the "Hotdogs" with Pop Up Display...This was a very expensive matchbook to advertise with back in the day.

The strip is not foreign, it is USA. It is on Troy's web site

http://www.moviecard.com/zamerican/stri ... nimal.html

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

January 4th, 2013, 7:09 pm #4

Most from ebay and the Coke hangers from Huggins and Scott along with some Brooklyn Dodgers including Pee Wee Reese...........

Nice Wallace Jujubes sample envelope.....E202-E204 cards........

Believe it or not High Number.......up to 4 now....low numbers done. Picking off lower $, nicer looking highs when I can.....

Lot of (64) T119 Piedmont World views....

Lot of (36) T119 Piedmont World Views.......

Couple of Kit Carson Coke Hangars.....anyone know how many different there are?

Novel Dick Tracy complete box. Surprised I got this at the price I did given the interest in Novel stuff. Guess Dick Tracy's not as good?

January 5th, 2013, 12:46 am #5

^^Thanks, boxingcardman! Because of the unusual mashup of animals and movie stars, combined with shoddy proofreading ("Garry" Cooper), I thought they may have been European. They're definitely older than I imagined. I was thinking they were probably mid-'30s.

January 5th, 2013, 3:08 am #6

{Hope to get more stuff to share tomorrow}
I just got this in the mail and have not seen one before. Reads like there are at least 9 different acts/scenes in the set, does anyone have a complete list of this set?

January 6th, 2013, 2:18 pm #7

Capt'n Crunch Iron-ons (wonder how many of you(not inclucing Todd & Ken) have any of these in your collection)
Also very nice image advertising Scout Tobacco Tags that details an offer for ship pictures. I would REALLY be impressed if someone can show an example.

1934 Wrigley's Comic Stamps

Very nice shape War Gum and others

UK Civil war News lot

January 6th, 2013, 4:26 pm #8

Tom,

I didn't see that Dick Tracy box or it might have cost you more. Must not have been listed in the vintage category or didn't use Novel in the description. Anyway, I continue to lead the way as the underbidder for most of the Novel lots.

January 7th, 2013, 12:28 am #9

My priorities have been focused elsewhere recently, but I am getting closer to my T-221 set (I have no idea why I collect this set). Anyone else working on T-221? I have about nineteen extras that I'd happily trade away for ones that I need. Also, love the Novels; one closer to completing the animals set.

Sorry for the crappy quality picture; my wife was tying up the scanner so my phone camera had to suffice.

January 7th, 2013, 12:30 am #10

Great stuff guys!

Greg, I don't have those iron ons - they look cool!

Weekend pickups...

Thought these were neat - 1930's Cracker Jacks...