ID help please "Uncle Sam's Fighters"

ID help please "Uncle Sam's Fighters"

April 20th, 2008, 11:16 pm #1

Posted this nearly a year ago, without success. Hoping someone can provide info. Card measures 1.75 x 3.50 on thinner stock by the American Biscuit Co. from San Francisco Cal. I believe they merged with National Biscuit and later became Nabisco. Does it have an ACC#?

[/IMG]
Last edited by nsaddict on April 20th, 2008, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 21st, 2008, 12:20 am #2

Cool card Richard! Wouldn't that be considered an "F" card since it looks like it came with crackers? I didn't see any mention of it in the ACC. It reminds me of a lot of the early bread cards issued around the same time.

Is the back from a different card? Can you give me a list of the different titles you have and I'll put them in the database?

February 27th, 2012, 7:44 pm #3

Posted this nearly a year ago, without success. Hoping someone can provide info. Card measures 1.75 x 3.50 on thinner stock by the American Biscuit Co. from San Francisco Cal. I believe they merged with National Biscuit and later became Nabisco. Does it have an ACC#?

[/IMG]
Boatswain's Mate, First Class, US Navy
Looks like that makes 3 so far...

Boatswain's Mate, First Class, U.S. Navy
Drum Major....(as back above)
Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Cavalry
37 to go!

February 27th, 2012, 9:41 pm #4

[/IMG]
Great card Richard.......in researching a lot of the E cards, I found a BUNCH of West Coast stuff that's sorely lacking representation in the ACC. I think it's just that Burdick's contacts were so heavily concentrated East of the Mississippi that his detail for stuff in the Seattle/San Fran/LA area wasn't the best. Really cool set. The Capital Cracker 1912(ish) Athlete's set comes to mind.............

February 27th, 2012, 9:46 pm #5

[/IMG]
A recently closed auction..........