February pickups

February 10th, 2017, 8:38 pm #31

I have a few more things coming in, but I'll start the month off. I'm not sure where all these R141s are coming from, but I'm very happy to have my set complete. I scanned against a black background in case Dan wanted to replace the gallery image for the Welsh Guard.

Not a bad start to the month at all since I never really envisioned that I'd ever complete this set a year or two ago.
Backs to the Birthday Horoscopes, President Cards and Top Pilot cards.
Blank back Top Pilot checklist card.
The last card I have in the Presidents cards is Lyndon Johnson, issued
while he was in office.

Ken

Last edited by KenBush on February 10th, 2017, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 12th, 2017, 12:48 am #32

I have a few more things coming in, but I'll start the month off. I'm not sure where all these R141s are coming from, but I'm very happy to have my set complete. I scanned against a black background in case Dan wanted to replace the gallery image for the Welsh Guard.

Not a bad start to the month at all since I never really envisioned that I'd ever complete this set a year or two ago.
This has been a great month for everyone so far! Here's a few more pickups for me:

A nice group of Dick Tracy in about the same condition as my set in progress. On the group of 121-144 I had been waiting for the right deal; this was it for sure.

Love American Historical Characters. Picking away at AIA and started Cartoon Comics

Here's a dear Penthouse kind of situation. I bought a lot of twenty-three War News Pictures and in it was one of the dirty dozen. I'd say that kind of thing never happens to me but it just did. Below are the three that I needed for my set in progress.

Upgrades for my Red Menace set. One of the few 1950s sets that I'm working on.

A great group of twenty-one AIA that put me over seventy now. Fallout from the sale of Moderator Tom's set.

Not a card but related to Seal Craft and I like that.

Complete set of R5 Wischmann airplanes. Sorry about the dark pictures but I couldn't get a picture without a ton of reflection.

Complete set of series of 29 Wilbur Suchard with album and American flag (thanks Tom!)

Hey! War Gum! Picked up a set and upgraded about a third of the cards from a group that I picked up from Todd Riley a couple of months ago. Yielded a pretty respectable set in the end. Need only a few upgrades to have it really nice.

Last edited by PancakeBunny on February 12th, 2017, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 12th, 2017, 2:52 am #33

Daniel,
You are one 1930's machine! Some great stuff there. I have always wanted that plane set - too bad it's graded (HA HA!!).

February 12th, 2017, 3:09 am #34

If it makes you feel any better I didn't pay any extra because of the encapsulation. I think I got it for a very fair price. They don't come around often and the artwork is great. It's too bad that some of these early sets never made it to the claims on the back of the cards. These claim 250 will be made; Sea Raiders 192, IG series of 312, etc.

February 12th, 2017, 12:52 pm #35

Daniel,
I was just joking. I keep hoping to score a whole set at the flea market. So far no luck after looking for the past 30 years.

February 12th, 2017, 5:02 pm #36

Great pickups from everyone this month, lots of fun to view everything. Here's some stuff I recently picked up.

Last edited by moviecard on February 12th, 2017, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2017, 6:45 pm #37

Troy,
I am amazed how you keep finding obscure movie star cards.

Today was a box day for me...

Marvels of Nature box, Beetle Bailey Phoenix Candy, Milk Duds Ripley's, and my favorite a L.M. Becker gum box that you can make into a whistle. How cool is that!
(condition on all is pretty super!)

February 13th, 2017, 11:06 pm #38

Thanks to board member Joseph, I need just four more cards to complete my set!
Larry

February 14th, 2017, 8:52 pm #39

Just a few here to share with you all. Not a lot but some nice movie star cigarette cards. If anyone is curious who they are or what's on back just e-mail me for information or scans.
Thanks for looking!
JOE
spark929@yahoo.com

February 18th, 2017, 4:02 pm #40

Allen& Ginter??