1:51 PM - Feb 08, 2017 #21

I have a few more things coming in, but I'll start the month off. I'm not sure where all these R141s are coming from, but I'm very happy to have my set complete. I scanned against a black background in case Dan wanted to replace the gallery image for the Welsh Guard.

Not a bad start to the month at all since I never really envisioned that I'd ever complete this set a year or two ago.
Mostly selling right now but some good pickups from Mid-January on.......glad to see a lot of things I'm selling wind up on this thread with people in this group! And incredible Hanlan N60 Rhett.....I have a good group of N60's minus the two next to Hanlan now.............have seen very few men on any of the N60's. Have a Henry Ward Beecher one..............

Last N21-1 that I needed to complete the set of 80+. Thanks to Terry Knouse and Bob Forbes who got me the #3 and #2 I needed to finish.

Hodge podge singles for sets and collections
Three S25's that have eluded me. Up to about 130 different. Based on the $700+ that the recent Amity silk sold for, I will likely not ever have a complete set.

One of (7) INCREDIBLE locomotive advertising cabinet photos I picked up in an impulse batch of snipe bidding. Really cool with specifications on the back preprinted.

Complete set of Stollwerck Cocoa paper dolls in pretty nice shape

Couple lots of T400-up cards for a rebuilding of that collection.....

couple N489's to get me pretty close to a mixed-brand complete set of them......

My favorite p/u of the month......my first N224 Vatican card. Spot of paper loss on the center but beggars can't be choosers.........and my 588th of the 622 card set. 2017 stretch goal to take that to 600.......

Nice H652 Scott's Dollars of the World Trade card.......my 3rd of the 16 card set. Same company as the Scott's stamps of today...........

Nice El Capitan Gum pinback of a hunting dog. Trying to corner the nonsports Cameo Pepsin / El Capitan Gum PE4 market.........

3:36 PM - Feb 08, 2017 #22

I have a few more things coming in, but I'll start the month off. I'm not sure where all these R141s are coming from, but I'm very happy to have my set complete. I scanned against a black background in case Dan wanted to replace the gallery image for the Welsh Guard.

Not a bad start to the month at all since I never really envisioned that I'd ever complete this set a year or two ago.
I just returned from a 35+ day adventure out in California (babysitting grandkids LOL). I visited this antique shop a couple of times, and was anxious to buy SOMETHING as I was in there a couple hours. I found what I think is a small movie poster (10 3/4" X 7") that reminded me of those 1950 Topps "Bring Em Back Alive" cards. A quick eBay search revealed a few of these priced between $15 and $150. This was priced at $5 so I bought it.
Larry

12:15 PM - Feb 09, 2017 #23

Larry, those are some nice Frank Buck graphics!

A few recent...

1:51 PM - Feb 09, 2017 #24

Todd..........Bread, Ice Cream and Cracker Jacks............a balanced meal of card collecting.

3:13 AM - Feb 10, 2017 #25

I recently returned from a 6 week vacation to visit some of my relatives. I drove from my home
in Michigan to Deland and St. Augustine Florida then to Grand Prairie Texas then to Arvada and
Bolder Colorado and then back home. I stopped at almost ever antique shop, antique mall and
flea market along the way. I did not find a lot, about half the finds listed below were purchased
locally or from ebay.
Edited - This is the first time that I have posted using Photobucket, the photos came out
Larger that usual.

Freedoms War, R709-2

Pinback Buttons. 2 PX3 Double Header Coins, 4 All Nations Sweet 16 Gum , American Pepsin Gum,
Sweet Caporal Gum and Superman.

Pep Cereal Real Photos of the Stars, F273-19, 1st and 2nd series.

Indian Silks

Two Drinking Straws Boxes - Top

Bottom

Movie Star punch card and Ed-U-Cards 3D Bird Series, 15 cards and glasses.

Mixed group, same as Movie Stars Collection of 120 with blank backs and a #234 Corinne Griffith,
Gilligans Island and The Lone Ranger.

Capital Bread 49 States and Dellwood Creami-Rich Space Guide.

Leaf Brands 1967 Star Trek, R734-10
[/IMG]

Five uncut strips of Flag Silks. At the far right end where the hole is they are glued to thin brown
cardboard backing.

Lucky Strike Bridge Tallies, T14

Carnation President cards

Royal Stars of the Movies, F219-3

Stamps of the Stars and Set of War Planes cards, W632

Partial Card Game with WW1 War Ships

Arcade cards and Fleers Dubble Bubble Gum card.

Set of Dixie Premiums, America's Fighting Forces with covers, F6-2

Mixed lot, License Plates R714-13, Cars, Tarzan.

Wheaties box backs, Free Magic Secrets of The Great Nicola

Hopalong Cassisy cards, R712-2

Circus Bread Labels, Between the Acts Cigarettes cards N342 and 2 Batman stickers.

Top Pilot plane cards, new copyright 1989 but only $2.00

Birthday Horoscopes cards from Deans Mentholated Cough Drops, set of 12 free for 5 Cough Drop
box fronts or 10 cents in coin or stamps.

Partial set of unknown President cards. Four of the cards were badly damaged or destroyed by the previous
owner. The Eisenhower and Wilson cards were glued back to back with a glue that left a very heave brown
stain. The Taft card had remnants of one of the cards glued to it. I managed to soak it off, but brown glue
stains remained.

License Plates Game. New, copyright 1993, but for 50 cents at a Flea Market.

Cereal box backs. General Mills F272-10 Disneyland Light-Ups and a Wheaties Baseball.

Surf Soap cards and envelope. Cards are 5-1/2 X 8 and have a 1952 copyright, the envelope is 6 X 8-1/2.

Last edited by KenBush on 5:45 AM - Feb 23, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

11:21 AM - Feb 10, 2017 #26

Tough to follow your haul Ken, nice cards!

For a recent baseball "ten card" submission to SGC, I had two open spots:

Larry

1:58 PM - Feb 10, 2017 #27

Nice to see someone else on the pinbacks other than me! And fantastic group of those Kellogg Pep.....they are minty fresh. Love the variety of the stuff you collect. You, Greg G and Todd are all wide open! Love it. Sounds like you put some mileage on the car there..........look forward to retirement and doing stuff like that. With a 7 and 11 year old, I may go directly from retirement to a nursing home though.............

2:06 PM - Feb 10, 2017 #28

Picked up a lot of pinbacks last night in Huggins very happy with. Especially the Sandow pin. Now just need some of the boxing pins. The Butler/Cyclist is a dupe if anyone has any dupes for trade................sorry for LARGE photos............

2:09 PM - Feb 10, 2017 #29

Yeah Ken, great haul! Lots of really neat stuff I haven't seen before.

On those presidents, do they have an printing on the backs?

4:03 PM - Feb 10, 2017 #30

Ken's president cards are from a boxed set put out by the Vermont Marble Company. They are from the marble plaques in the presidential gallery that are on display at Vermont Marble Co.If you stopped in to view their marble exhibits the cards were available for sale in the gift shop. My set ends with LBJ.