FEB PICK UPS

FEB PICK UPS

February 6th, 2011, 2:36 am #1

this is really a rip as these are my first pick ups and they are ALL for trade as well
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Last edited by thescooper on February 6th, 2011, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 6th, 2011, 6:27 pm #2

even with a stretch of my vivid imagination or that of some members here who would suggest even my grandmama was a card
some great graphics on dis puppy and it's a round advertising item - shapes other than squares and rectangles are appealing to me for display..........

edited to fix pic and add that it's an 11" paper charger purportedly in excellent condition

Last edited by 1880nonsports on February 6th, 2011, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 6th, 2011, 6:57 pm #3

this is really a rip as these are my first pick ups and they are ALL for trade as well
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Quite awesome, Henry!
Thanks for sharing this.

February 6th, 2011, 7:00 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
more pick ups for trade
[/IMG]

February 6th, 2011, 7:40 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
i try and show the ancilary items that most here might enjoy but not have a chance to see. The cards I collect are either too common or too scarce and would seem to the few serious N collectors already-been-seen-stuff or dey gots it already. In THREE+ YEARS I have been offered but a card or two (I have a LOT of want lists going)so I know that the N market not very deep. Do want to note with thanks to Mr. Foster with whom I had an easily negotiated purchase of quite a few silks In any event most here seem to concentrate on the 30's-50's. There were some great sets issued in that period and while I enjoy a look see at the cards - my favorite viewings are the "go-withs". Cards I can look at in the FANTASTIC gallery or find in some of the great books or sites of the top hobby guys (many of whom are right here!) but the window signs, advertising pieces, die-cuts, boxes, and whatevers are the most exciting.......

February 6th, 2011, 7:58 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
all eventually for sale

February 7th, 2011, 12:47 am #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

February 7th, 2011, 2:37 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
A few Cracker Jack UN Battle Planes....

February 7th, 2011, 10:13 pm #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

February 8th, 2011, 12:33 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
was quite far out. Some great stuff on youtube. Michael jackson was a fan of his movies and I think he may have gotten his moonwalk from Calloway as there are two early movies in which Cab does sumptin quite similar.....