August Pick-Ups

August Pick-Ups

August 2nd, 2013, 5:06 am #1

Here we go on another month. Hope it's a good one for everyone.

Some military strip cards that were listed as W545 but aren't. Anyone know what these are?

A bunch of American Caramel Movie Actors and Actresses

I wish I had the cards that went with these Betholine envelopes. I thought there was a thread on these cards, but it didn't come up on my search.

And last a bread Animal Pictures, an R127 and a It Happened to a President wrapper.

August 2nd, 2013, 11:33 am #2

"Some military strip cards that were listed as W545 but aren't. Anyone know what these are?"

http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~dan/strip1/go.html

August 2nd, 2013, 12:15 pm #3

Some military strip cards that were listed as W545 but aren't. Anyone know what these are?

I wish I had the cards that went with these Betholine envelopes. I thought there was a thread on these cards, but it didn't come up on my search.

And last a bread Animal Pictures, an R127 and a It Happened to a President wrapper.

Jim,
So are these a strip card or something else? Are they in the ACC?

August 2nd, 2013, 11:42 pm #4

Thanks Jim. That gives me an idea on the last three, but the first three are still a mystery.

Here's a Washington Crisps Mother Gooseland card that came today. I'd love to see more of these. Not much came up on a search.

August 3rd, 2013, 11:46 am #5

Todd, they are unlisted strip cards.

Jack here's the link for the first three.

http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~dan/strip3/go.html

August 3rd, 2013, 1:03 pm #6

Thanks Jim!

Jack - that is a cool Wash Crisp card. It is still a mystery set to me. It states there are 51 to collect yet each card has multiple numbered figures on it and many of those numbers are larger than 51. So if they are talking about panels I have never seen numbers higher than 78. So if anybody knows more about that issue I love to hear it.

August 5th, 2013, 10:12 pm #7

I guess all you guys who went to the National are hunched over your desks fondling all the good stuff you got. I'm trying to carry this August thread until you all wake up but I'm running out of stuff. I'd love to see something I didn't have to pay for.

Here is a "Famous Makers of American History" #21 plus some "Hard to Beat" candy cards

A nice "unopened" pack of Old Mill cigarettes. The cellophane is off the top of the pack, but the stamp seems intact. What's the chance there's a card inside, and if so, what type card? Thanks - Jack J.

August 5th, 2013, 11:03 pm #8

Hey All, had a blast at my second National! I had two days and probably could have used one more day. Lots of really nice stuff to look at and if you pretended you were going to buy it they let you actually pick up the cool stuff! had a real good time. I met the elusive and missing in action Henry for the first time, also met Rhett and scored some tough backs from him. I was able to catch Tom as he was rushing out the door to head home.

was a good time, cant wait for Cleveland next year as it is close to home!

picked up some nice T cards to flush out some holes in tougher back categories:

I got to hold and wear some real Olympic Medals! Awesome!

Last edited by Marslife on August 5th, 2013, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 6th, 2013, 1:21 am #9

Great stuff Jack, I guess us guys that didn't make it to the National were still able to find some cards to satisfy our cravings.
These all came in this week and I was quite happy with them especially the UNC D Big Circus cards which I thought were pretty neat

August 6th, 2013, 1:50 am #10

Jerry - Those are some beautiful cards. I wish I had some of those Big Circus cards in my bread card binder. After Henry's report, I think I did better staying home and keeping an eye and my cash on Ebay. Actually, I'm jealous because the get together with other NS card collectors sounds like great fun and the best part of the show. - Jack J.