August 2010 Pickups

August 2010 Pickups

August 1st, 2010, 1:26 pm #1

I'm sure that there will be some great pickups this year at the National. I'm not able to go, but I did pick up these "minty" gems with original mailer. I only need a "LYI" to complete the set; anybody got one?

August 1st, 2010, 4:05 pm #2

Daniel:
Great pickup, one of my favorite sets. Wish I had a duplicate of the one you need.
Anyone know anything about the Blackstone cards?- dated 1962. PCGC Havertown,PA- will try to upload some images.

August 1st, 2010, 9:12 pm #3

I'm sure that there will be some great pickups this year at the National. I'm not able to go, but I did pick up these "minty" gems with original mailer. I only need a "LYI" to complete the set; anybody got one?

Daniel, I absolutely LOVE those. Can anybody tell us more about em? I am totally in the dark on stuff like this, but I know what I like, when I see it!

August 1st, 2010, 11:25 pm #4

First, the silks are S80 Women of Ancient Egypt. Issued by Fatima, Old Mill and Piedmont about 1915-1920. Dan has the set under Tobacco silks, USA.

I picked these Blackstone cards this weekend along with some Kinney Naval vessals and Gems of the World. 1962 PCGC Havertown, PA.

August 2nd, 2010, 1:34 am #5

Thanks, Roger.

I've got a complete set of those Blackstone magic tricks. This is a 1960s set that I fondly recall from my youth.

Was extremely lucky to happen upon a box which contained all the trick folders, multiples for many, plus wrappers. The numbered, colorful folders, mainly featuring red, yellow and black highlighting are really great . . . . but the truly tricky () part to collecting this issue is to also obtain all the inserts (made out of cardboard, balsa wood, etc.). Those were the 'props' used to perform each magic trick.

August 2nd, 2010, 6:03 pm #6

Ralph,
I'm still working on my set. Do you still have any of your dupes or wrappers from the box?

August 2nd, 2010, 6:23 pm #7

Todd, sorry but my dupes long since moved along into the hands of other collectors.
( That, or else I sold em at a Columbus OH flea market? )

August 2nd, 2010, 11:23 pm #8

i know the cracker jack card is baseball but it is pack fresh, original, and unaltered!

Last edited by Thrill-of-the-Hunt on August 2nd, 2010, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 4th, 2010, 3:01 am #9

Lone Ranger Gum, Nat. Chicle Sky Birds, Goudey First Column Defenders, Allies in Action, Bowman Jets Rockets, and Harold Teen R cards.

Old Arm & Hammer bird,Pair of A&G Our Little Beauties, Soda & James Monroe Trade cards, Big Game Peanut, Bowman Magic Picture pack, Cameron Sales Warships

Space cards from Rice Chex, Missle card from Cheerios, A Coke exhibit card, and a fold-out Malt-O-Meal Steamboat Bill Radio show joke card.

Marburg N490s

I think these are Ray-o-Prints negatives:

August 8th, 2010, 4:18 am #10

These are the first of the T70 Historical Events Series tobacco cards I have gotten. Of the 17 total, unfortunately, 7 have the borders trimmed off. Thankfully, the tri-fold is in pretty good shape. All were "Free With Flexo Giants Little Cigars". This is a beautiful set. -Jack