April Pickups

April Pickups

April 1st, 2011, 4:10 pm #1

I am starting this on the assumption that the title means the April pickup thread rather than things picked up in April. These are all March finds.

Although small, I think this is a great set of images. I just picked up the last two fronts I need.

This comes with a variety of backs, for instance US and German advertising backs, a French descriptive back, and a paint chip sample:

I also picked up a group of the small mail carriers and stamps. I did not previously have any of the Mother's or Basma and Adam backs. Is the latter an uncataloged T-card?

I picked up 41 Cushman State cards ... compelling artwork and I would love to find the remaining 7.

The final item on today's show and tell is a group of Italian Buitonis. The artwork is reminiscent of the Figurette high numbers.

April 1st, 2011, 4:15 pm #2

Re: April Pickups
Last edited by djrauctions on April 22nd, 2011, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2011, 5:27 pm #3

I am starting this on the assumption that the title means the April pickup thread rather than things picked up in April. These are all March finds.

Although small, I think this is a great set of images. I just picked up the last two fronts I need.

This comes with a variety of backs, for instance US and German advertising backs, a French descriptive back, and a paint chip sample:

I also picked up a group of the small mail carriers and stamps. I did not previously have any of the Mother's or Basma and Adam backs. Is the latter an uncataloged T-card?

I picked up 41 Cushman State cards ... compelling artwork and I would love to find the remaining 7.

The final item on today's show and tell is a group of Italian Buitonis. The artwork is reminiscent of the Figurette high numbers.

The price was a bit steep for a flea market find ($1) but worth every penny for one of the hobby's most sought after autographs...

April 1st, 2011, 5:53 pm #4

The Basma and Adam cards are T138's.
-Rhett

April 1st, 2011, 6:47 pm #5

Richard - what an AWESOME looking card that is!

April 1st, 2011, 8:08 pm #6

Got this from an attendee at the Boston show. Someone told me he has the highest graded Strange True Story cards of numbers 5 and 6 . Richard W., I think that is a machine printed auto. Todd spends most of his time camped out at the flea market and wouldn't have time to sign cards

April 1st, 2011, 9:57 pm #7

Richard,
HA HA - true - but read where he found the card!!!

(hint: Maybe I was there!)

April 3rd, 2011, 11:42 pm #8

I started to buy these about a year ago on layaway,went off to build my house didn't finish paying for them forgot about them, and then had a flash back!!!! I contacted the seller and he checked and said they were still put aside for me just pay the last installment and he would send them off to me.
[/IMG]
They were sent before I made the last payment.A great guy and a public thank you to JAY WOLT

April 4th, 2011, 3:16 am #9

Tony, Glad you got em safe & sound.
Been a pleasure doing business with you...jay

April 4th, 2011, 2:51 pm #10

Hey guys. I'm a hockey collector but have been picking up some Canadian non-sports lately. If anyone knows where those Howdy Doody cards came from, let me know. Jim.

[/IMG]
Last edited by hockey_jim on April 4th, 2011, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.