The Night Before Snow - new book

JudeGoodwin

August 17th, 2018, 7:48 pm #1

I'm excited to share the news - I'm about to publish my very first book of poems. Yes, it took me a long long time to get this together.

I have entered manuscripts in many many contests - and I have submitted, electronically, manuscripts to many publishers - with no success. Finally I thought I should approach more local publishing companies, perhaps more traditional publishing companies. So in May 2017, I mailed sample manuscripts to 4 publishers, and included a self-addressed stamped envelope. I have not heard back from any of them - 16 months! I think that is appalling. How hard is it to pen a brief rejection notice and pop it into the mail postage paid?

So I was done with it and hired a hybrid self-publishing company to help me get a book out there before I leave the planet.

The book is called The Night Before Snow and is a collection of wintry poems. My thought is that my approachable style will lend itself well to gifting. The book will be small (45 pages I think) and easily purchased for those hard-to-gift relatives and friends.

If you're interested in learning more, I've just relaunched my website https://judegoodwin.com

I'm still not sure when my book will be available for sale but hopefully early September.

Hooray!

Jude

toniclark

August 17th, 2018, 8:10 pm #2

So glad to hear this! Congratulations to you! Can’t wait to read it. And share it, too.

chrispy

August 21st, 2018, 2:27 pm #3

Go, you!  

Let me know when your book is out!