More Jarrett info... from GBN site.

More Jarrett info... from GBN site.

March 30th, 2007, 8:33 pm #1

Dwayne Jarrett's rather pedestrian 40 times (4.64, 4.65) at his Pro Day workout yesterday have some people putting a second-round grade on the USC wideout. Those times were much slower than the 4.4 that fellow WR Steve Smith turned in at the Combine and slower even than LB Dallas Sartz's 4.58 and DL Travis Tofi's 4.57 yesterday. Jarrett's pass-catching workout wasn't smooth, either. His cuts weren't nearly as sharp as Smith at least one scout said Jarrett looked stiff. So Jarrett's final draft grade is going to be hard to slot. His production and numbers are impressive and he certainly is a great target but those speed numbers and less-than-impressive workout after foregoing the Combine is sure to raise red flags.

Comments: Call me off the Jarrett bandwagon, even if he is available at our #2. Yes, I know how productive he was in college, but I also saw Houston (Arkansas DB) shut him down with ease. I know that CC was slow and is a HOFer, but he could read defenses and get in & out of his cuts. I just don't see how Jarrett is going to do that at the next level, and I'm not convinced that he has CC's work ethic & moxie.

March 30th, 2007, 9:49 pm #2

With all that dough on the line, did he get with a speed coach?

If he didn't, you have to question his work ethic

If he did, oy..

"There's NO WAY AD slides all the way to number 7" ."

March 31st, 2007, 2:24 pm #3

Saw him on ESPN one Saturday morning, little fluff piece about getting ready for the draft. Showed him working on getting out of the blocks for the 40, some agility drills.

I'm having a real issue with Jarrett. I mean, the guy can flat out catch. Plays his biggest in big games. Red zone threat. Ran right by Leon Hall, but to be fair, Hall was in zone coverage.

Then again, you could have said the same things about David Terrell and Travis Taylor coming out of college.

March 31st, 2007, 3:28 pm #4

that's a brutal 40..but, then again Carter ran a 4.7..I'd say he's good-great value at 41

March 31st, 2007, 4:19 pm #5

Rice is also falling like a rock. Steve Smith rising like a rocket. Will be interesting to see if Smith goes ahead of Jarrett. Unlikely, but possible.

One guy I like is Jason Hill. Productive in college, ran MUCH faster than expected at the combine.

I don't want a WR in the first. There will be quality in Round 2, heck, maybe even in Round 3.

March 31st, 2007, 4:24 pm #6

after running 4.32..I was hoping he might slide a bit..Rice..like what I've seen of him, but he might be too raw..Smith might be one of the more finished products..

March 31st, 2007, 4:39 pm #7

Already have two "tall, slow" WR's on the roster in McMullen and Nance. I have no idea, but I wonder what type of WR Chili is thinking of. Plus, Jarrett has some rumblings of bad attitude out there, and Ego Chili don't deal with that.

If Williamson can learn to see and catch the ball, he and Jarrett would be an exceptional starting duo.

March 31st, 2007, 4:45 pm #8

Maybe enough that you ask a lot of questions..get in his position coach's ear..hard to say what he's looking for..