Your own Game of Thrones Throne for $30,000

Your own Game of Thrones Throne for $30,000

Madcat
Madcat

June 13th, 2012, 5:34 pm #1

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/06/hbo-s ... throne.php

To be honest for 30 grand I would want it out of metal not fiberglass.

Challenge to all the tool heads out there, how much do you think it would cost to make a metal replica of the GoT throne, I personally would get metal from the scrap heap. then melt it down ( I am not a gearhead so I don´'t know what kind of metal or if this is even possible :D).

CTPatt
CTPatt

June 13th, 2012, 7:26 pm #2

The sheer mass of an all-metal throne would make moving it prohibitive, requiring a forklift at least.

Not to mention the number it would do on whatever floor you set it on.

IDN
IDN

June 14th, 2012, 5:24 am #3

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/06/hbo-s ... throne.php

To be honest for 30 grand I would want it out of metal not fiberglass.

Challenge to all the tool heads out there, how much do you think it would cost to make a metal replica of the GoT throne, I personally would get metal from the scrap heap. then melt it down ( I am not a gearhead so I don´'t know what kind of metal or if this is even possible :D).
I don't mean to be a negative-Nancy, but that thing looks like a piece of shietza.
That and there is prolly zero market for something like that.

What I'd really like to know is what it would cost to build a semi-replica of it. What's that price difference?

IDN
IDN

June 14th, 2012, 5:42 am #4

The sheer mass of an all-metal throne would make moving it prohibitive, requiring a forklift at least.

you'd cut off you're butt, if you sat on it!

Madcat
Madcat

June 15th, 2012, 6:17 pm #5

I suppose you could always make it just a metal shell make a tube chair and then weld or attach blades made out of Aluminum or another liht metal or if available even out of plastic could inject mould plastic blades and then spray them with metal paint.