Yeah, I have a day job...

Yeah, I have a day job...

August 11th, 2017, 11:19 am #1

Sorry, gonna be this weekend sometime before I can finish the color. There's lotsa detail in these shots (pictures, picture frames, shading, etc.) and I just didn't think the gag worked as well trying to shoehorn it into just three panels.

And besides, I had other things I had to do today and got a late start on it.

Doc.

August 11th, 2017, 2:29 pm #2

I didn't even notice, I was too busy looking at the cute polar bears. But now that you mention it, the apartment does look like someplace you'd see Sam Starfall slipping out the window carrying a portable TV.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

August 11th, 2017, 9:57 pm #3

Sorry, gonna be this weekend sometime before I can finish the color. There's lotsa detail in these shots (pictures, picture frames, shading, etc.) and I just didn't think the gag worked as well trying to shoehorn it into just three panels.

Doc.
Now.... Will Doc take the money (a quiet evening with Cara) or will he open the Boxroom..?

August 11th, 2017, 10:48 pm #4

Doc.
Fibber McGee's closet redux. n/t

August 12th, 2017, 9:32 pm #5

Doc.
Are you saying that artists actually have lives out side of drawing internet comics that could not even come close to paying the bills!?! What ever happened to the whole starving artist thing?

*Runs away before I get mauled by some random polar bear.*

August 14th, 2017, 9:05 pm #6

Now.... Will Doc take the money (a quiet evening with Cara) or will he open the Boxroom..?
Naughty Tigers.
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

August 15th, 2017, 8:07 pm #7

The problem here is that, being a "furry" strip, the lady could also be a tiger, and vice-versa.

Or, for that matter, what if the "lady" was a big, mean, bad-tempered biker/roller-derby type, and the tiger was 'Hobbes' from Calvin & Hobbes? That'd kind of flip things around a bit, wouldn't it?

Doc.

August 15th, 2017, 10:34 pm #8

Boss Bruin said:

> Or, for that matter, what if the "lady" was a big, mean, bad-tempered biker/roller-derby type, and the tiger was 'Hobbes' from Calvin & Hobbes? That'd kind of flip things around a bit, wouldn't it?

Many Moon Ago, in elementary school, Teacher presented us with that story, and asked us to write something on that theme.

My submission: The "lady" was the main character's Nazi-Psycho-Bitch-From-Hell ex; the "tiger" was one the MC had been in an "Androcles and the Lion" situation earlier.... >
CF

"The right tool for the right job." [Anon.]
"Any tool can be the Right Tool." [Red Green]