Will Doc be able to stand up ?

September 25th, 2017, 1:18 pm #1

September 25th, 2017, 1:50 pm #2

but if he trips he will certainly not be able to fall on his nose

September 25th, 2017, 2:01 pm #3

...for at least the first couple of times! If so, his 'condition won't make any difference if he does stand up.
As shown during the previous week's strips, Doc's attention was on Cara during the movie; mainly to ensure she enjoyed it (which I believe she did immensely) and her very intimate physical contact. I'd be willing to wager that be was thinking more about what was going to happen after the movie (and her semi-nude stretch in today's strip sure got his thoughts going in that direction!)
So, his 'physical condition as to whether or not standing up would be "embarrassing", is somewhat moot at this point. I doubt either of them will care if his "Gallant Reflex" is present as their thoughts will be elsewhere.
HOME RUN!!!

September 25th, 2017, 8:44 pm #4

I don't understand any of you people. (nt)
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

September 25th, 2017, 9:02 pm #5

Nookie Time?
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.

September 25th, 2017, 9:39 pm #6

It occurred to me earlier, that this has to be one of the least believable dates in literary history, second only to Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock hooking up at the end of Speed.

I mean, look at it. She's intelligent, owns her own business, has a good sense of humor... and is single. Not only was single, but had been so for several years. I don't know about you guys down in the states, but up here, a lady like that would be having to drive suitors off with shotguns and pepper spray.

She has a big, fairly fancy apartment, knows how to cook, and actually likes Monty Python. Around here, a girl like that- well, that doesn't, like, have a third eyeball or ram's horns or something - would have fifteen guys dueling to the death over her.

There haven't been any embarrassing statements, nobody spilled something on the other person- or on the valuable antique rug or whatever- no embarrassing past histories were dug up...

It's practically Mary Sue territory here. Next we'll have Ed McMahon show up at the door with her winner's check for the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, Doc will get a text from Roger saying they just got that half-billion-dollar DARPA contract, and Miki will come by wanting to know if they'd be interested in a threesome.

Bad writing, I tells ya!

Doc.

September 25th, 2017, 11:27 pm #7

not (a) target

September 26th, 2017, 12:04 am #8

It occurred to me earlier, that this has to be one of the least believable dates in literary history, second only to Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock hooking up at the end of Speed.

I mean, look at it. She's intelligent, owns her own business, has a good sense of humor... and is single. Not only was single, but had been so for several years. I don't know about you guys down in the states, but up here, a lady like that would be having to drive suitors off with shotguns and pepper spray.

She has a big, fairly fancy apartment, knows how to cook, and actually likes Monty Python. Around here, a girl like that- well, that doesn't, like, have a third eyeball or ram's horns or something - would have fifteen guys dueling to the death over her.

There haven't been any embarrassing statements, nobody spilled something on the other person- or on the valuable antique rug or whatever- no embarrassing past histories were dug up...

It's practically Mary Sue territory here. Next we'll have Ed McMahon show up at the door with her winner's check for the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, Doc will get a text from Roger saying they just got that half-billion-dollar DARPA contract, and Miki will come by wanting to know if they'd be interested in a threesome.

Bad writing, I tells ya!

Doc.
And seeing how Miki looks like she masses maybe a third of either Doc or Cara, I hope her self-preservation instinct can restrain her libido. By force if necessary.

Anyway, she's got a bunch of firefighters to ride herd on.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

September 26th, 2017, 12:52 am #9

Bad writing, I tells ya!

Doc.
... a little fantasy in our lives. What's wrong with having the ultimate dream date?

That said, I fully expect something, er, exciting to happen before the end of the night to raise the conflict level. Perhaps saving the world from some new apocalypse.
AD ASTRA, AUT VIAM INVENIUM AUT FACIUM

September 26th, 2017, 5:42 am #10

...for at least the first couple of times! If so, his 'condition won't make any difference if he does stand up.
As shown during the previous week's strips, Doc's attention was on Cara during the movie; mainly to ensure she enjoyed it (which I believe she did immensely) and her very intimate physical contact. I'd be willing to wager that be was thinking more about what was going to happen after the movie (and her semi-nude stretch in today's strip sure got his thoughts going in that direction!)
So, his 'physical condition as to whether or not standing up would be "embarrassing", is somewhat moot at this point. I doubt either of them will care if his "Gallant Reflex" is present as their thoughts will be elsewhere.
HOME RUN!!!
She earlier said she had precisely three articles of clothing on. We can clearly see Shirt, Bra, and Skirt. Which means there's nothing else under said skirt, hence the conveniently located modesty shadow.

I rather doubt they'll be getting off the sofa for a while, although they may test the structural integrity of the sofa. Vigorously. After all, vigorous testing of safety standards is an important part of engineering. Right?