What is roger saying?

March 8th, 2018, 11:16 pm #1

I've actually been enjoying the explanation, could we get the uncompressed version of Roger's run-on info dump? :) 

March 9th, 2018, 4:58 am #2

The scraps I recognize are reruns from the last couple days. Apparently we have been allowed to see and hear Roger at about 20% of his current speed. hopefully Doc has a tape recorder going so we can get a translation of the rest.

March 9th, 2018, 6:12 am #3

I'm taking it as a Roger specific variation on Doc's Caffeine overload but instead of traveling faster than the eye can see he leaves after images and sounds a bit like John Moschitta Jr. AKA the Micro Machines Man.

March 9th, 2018, 3:14 pm #4

Roger going on like some people I've been in meetings with over the years.  Just stay the 'f' out of starbugz for a while and maybe you'll see what you are explaining doesn't quite meet up with a simple checksum of sense.

'course, Rog, being a cartoon character could be drinking jet fuel with a twist of lime and he'd make perfect sense.

Ever been on the listening end of someone who's really enthusiastic and believes so much in some thing they are evangelizing it at 90 words a second?   Somewhere in the back of my mind I start hearing the melody of The Girl from Ipanema.

March 9th, 2018, 4:39 pm #5

PoisonOakMagnet wrote:Ever been on the listening end of someone who's really enthusiastic and believes so much in some thing they are evangelizing it at 90 words a second?   Somewhere in the back of my mind I start hearing the melody of The Girl from Ipanema.
Now & then I encounter someone like that. I always wonder if they're not enthusiastic so much as trying to drown out dissent. (You know, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS." Some people take that as a mission statement.)
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

March 11th, 2018, 1:21 pm #6

There are a couple paragraphs of new information.

"I could see that the door was starting to heat up, and figured I only had a few minutes left. I grapped [sic] a portable polyhedric battery pack, and whipped up a quick connection so I could power the EM shield harness and"

"Unfortunately Jinx was in too close quarters with the drones to use some of his weaponry, like the missile launcher and flamethrower -- well, that one wouldn't have done much good anyway since the robots are pretty well protected against --"

"Jinx was really knocking the robots for a loop, we really gotta get him in on the practical testing side of the drone development do [sic] you think Colonel Kay would let us add him to the budget?"
REUNITE GONDWANALAND!