Welp, somebody talked me into cracking out old Phantom this year....

Welp, somebody talked me into cracking out old Phantom this year....

January 1st, 2018, 8:20 pm #1

I hate to say it, but it's been a DECADE since the last time I played. Things are a bit grimy, but the 'ole Phantom is still ready to rock.

Need some new googles, that's to be expected, no big deal. Shot an e-mail to Mike Cassady about some spare parts.

But I gotta say, it's pretty exciting to think about actually hitting the field again.

January 1st, 2018, 10:35 pm #2

But I'm at the age now that I feel like if I shoot something, it should stay down. I'm sure that attitude isn't welcome at most paintball fields.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

January 2nd, 2018, 2:01 pm #3

I hate to say it, but it's been a DECADE since the last time I played. Things are a bit grimy, but the 'ole Phantom is still ready to rock.

Need some new googles, that's to be expected, no big deal. Shot an e-mail to Mike Cassady about some spare parts.

But I gotta say, it's pretty exciting to think about actually hitting the field again.
My tank is probably way out of hydro and Lord knows how old my goggles are but the one gun I still own is a Tippmann Custom Pro, so I can pretty much count on that.

January 2nd, 2018, 9:38 pm #4

As I posted here a few years ago, a local group reopened a private field that one of the local churches had put up years ago, and at the time, that was the first time I'd fired a ball in anger (well, you know what I mean ) in at least four years, if not five or even six.

Point in fact I was using eight year old paint at the time.

And I had a blast.

Doc.