Want a paintball project?

Want a paintball project?

Thru-Hiker
Thru-Hiker

August 22nd, 2011, 3:37 pm #1

Saw this on the Dallas, TX Craigslist:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/spo/2533412371.html

30-40 old rental Piranha's. Only $80 for the whole lot.

Phoenix
Phoenix

August 22nd, 2011, 5:00 pm #2

Interesting, but not likely. Not so much because of cost or distance (call it 60-90 minutes each way)...

...but vehicle size. Those bins ain't gonna fit in a Miata. And, despite living in Texas, I actually do NOT own a truck. Go figure. I'll have to consider who I know with trucks, and if having those around is worth the trouble. I mean, I run no shop or field... WTF am I gonna do with them, even fixed up? Give them as Christmas Presents for the next few years?

And as for wanting a project for the sake of the specific project... not so much, no.

Someone
Someone

August 22nd, 2011, 5:40 pm #3

I mean, adjust the regulator to the right pressure, seal off the ball feed port, and make an adaptor for the barrel threads. Maybe add a one way and an overpressure valve just before the keg.

How hard could it be?

(ducks and runs)

OmniMech
OmniMech

August 22nd, 2011, 7:23 pm #4

Not Piranhas. According to Doc, you have to use Shocker parts for Kegs.

Robin Bobcat
Robin Bobcat

August 23rd, 2011, 8:59 am #5

I mean, adjust the regulator to the right pressure, seal off the ball feed port, and make an adaptor for the barrel threads. Maybe add a one way and an overpressure valve just before the keg.

How hard could it be?

(ducks and runs)
Hm.. Had to think about that one. I had thought it somehow meant using an empty beer keg as your air tank. Not sure it'd hold the pressure, but that did give an idea...

For a scenario game, have a large air tank feeding into three or four high-pressure air hoses connected to guns. Bee good for bunkers, or you could have someone on the sidelines peppering shots at folks. Perhaps up in a guard tower?

Oooh! Might be a good way for handicapped folks to enjoy the sport. Remove the need for the part they're bad at, and they become a course hazard! Need to find cover from two angles, and learn to watch when the other team advances... hmmm...