Walking off the field ain't what it used to be...

Walking off the field ain't what it used to be...

Wolf
Wolf

August 20th, 2012, 12:07 am #1

Or atleaste used to look like. Now Ive been seeing this happen alot the last few times Ive been out in the field. Now usually when people get hit they yell out, and walk away with thier hands in the air. Then this past spring I started getting yelled at for shooting at, and often hitting people who were already out. But didn't look like they were out. It wasn't that I couldn't see them, I could clearly see them. It was the way they were leaveing the field. Either they were still holding thier markers as they would if they were still in the game. Or second they were walking through the woods, but doing it in stalker style walk. There were more cases, but these were the most common.

IDN
IDN

August 20th, 2012, 12:27 am #2

SHoot the shit out of em!
Thats what they get, Wen they yeall, YOU yell back, Marker up, Bagged up so I know you are out.

Yea i'm in that kinda mood right now...

sniper1rfa
sniper1rfa

August 20th, 2012, 11:25 am #3

Or atleaste used to look like. Now Ive been seeing this happen alot the last few times Ive been out in the field. Now usually when people get hit they yell out, and walk away with thier hands in the air. Then this past spring I started getting yelled at for shooting at, and often hitting people who were already out. But didn't look like they were out. It wasn't that I couldn't see them, I could clearly see them. It was the way they were leaveing the field. Either they were still holding thier markers as they would if they were still in the game. Or second they were walking through the woods, but doing it in stalker style walk. There were more cases, but these were the most common.
Not your problem.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

August 20th, 2012, 11:58 am #4

Raising your hand or marker is pretty much the universal sign. I can see a player not wanting to hold a hand up for the entire time if there's a long walk to a scenario game's "medic station" or respawn point, but for a speedball/airball game or woodsball game in an area under two acres, there's no excuse. Any player not clearly indicating they're out as they walk should expect to be shot again.

Now, I don't necessarily advocate peppering them mercilessly, but an extra pop or two might help them remember proper onfeild etiquette.

Doc.

Squirlly
Squirlly

August 20th, 2012, 12:46 pm #5

I'm personally guilty of not holding my marker over my head except MAYBE on the speedball field. I'm 39 years old with bad shoulders and more often that not I'm sporting a Tippmann Model 98 Chameleon with a 90ci tank, it's not exactly light.

So what I do is put my barrel bag on and hold the marker in my hand at waist level by the air line or back of the grip but with the barrel up, this puts the barrel bag about in my arm pit (I use a 14" barrel and well my arms are very short)then I WAVE my other hand above my head till I get away from the action, in scenario games yes as I'm walking to respawn points I might lower my other hand and just walk, but if I'm shot I just put my hand up above my head and wave it again and yell I'M OUT. No anger, no "you idiot didn't you see my barrel bag" just "I'M OUT" and I bet many of them thought they just eliminated me but oh well......

-Tim

Wolf
Wolf

August 20th, 2012, 1:11 pm #6

I noticed that to. People will sometimes stand there behind cover they were hit at while they are putting the blocker on.

Andrew
Andrew

August 20th, 2012, 2:07 pm #7

Yeah, I agree some players just don't seem to get it. You get hit call yourself out, hold your gun up and get outta the way. One thing I have noticed though is this seems to become more problematic as the day goes on, probably due to players getting tired. Even I tend to walk, but I try to hussle anytime I'm near action. Generally when I get hit after being out is just because I'm too close to another player being shot at. I've noticed this especially on netted feilds without enough side room for players to move to.

Raphael
Raphael

August 20th, 2012, 9:59 pm #8

I'm personally guilty of not holding my marker over my head except MAYBE on the speedball field. I'm 39 years old with bad shoulders and more often that not I'm sporting a Tippmann Model 98 Chameleon with a 90ci tank, it's not exactly light.

So what I do is put my barrel bag on and hold the marker in my hand at waist level by the air line or back of the grip but with the barrel up, this puts the barrel bag about in my arm pit (I use a 14" barrel and well my arms are very short)then I WAVE my other hand above my head till I get away from the action, in scenario games yes as I'm walking to respawn points I might lower my other hand and just walk, but if I'm shot I just put my hand up above my head and wave it again and yell I'M OUT. No anger, no "you idiot didn't you see my barrel bag" just "I'M OUT" and I bet many of them thought they just eliminated me but oh well......

-Tim
" but if I'm shot I just put my hand up above my head and wave it again and yell I'M OUT. No anger, no "you idiot didn't you see my barrel bag" just "I'M OUT" and I bet many of them thought they just eliminated me but oh well...... "

Only time I've gotten angry was with one young punk in a woodsball game who had his marker on full auto (most people in the game were using semi's) and would repeatedly shoot people who were walking off with their markers up and clearly showing they were out.

He saw the error in his ways when the field owner challenged him to a one-on-one.

Dago Redd
Dago Redd

August 21st, 2012, 2:11 am #9

Raising your hand or marker is pretty much the universal sign. I can see a player not wanting to hold a hand up for the entire time if there's a long walk to a scenario game's "medic station" or respawn point, but for a speedball/airball game or woodsball game in an area under two acres, there's no excuse. Any player not clearly indicating they're out as they walk should expect to be shot again.

Now, I don't necessarily advocate peppering them mercilessly, but an extra pop or two might help them remember proper onfeild etiquette.

Doc.
Walk with my left hand in the air and my marker in front of my AI (all important: aka my nuts) so people can see I'm clearly out and my marker is pointed at the ground...also less chance of me accidently shooting someone with my marker before I put on my barrel blocker when I get to the spawn point.

namrepus221
namrepus221

August 21st, 2012, 2:25 am #10

I was told that when you were shot to put your plug in. Walk out with your gun down and your head down.

I got shot a ton of times and wound up crying my eyes out. (I was 9)