Unless you consider snoring dialogue...

Unless you consider snoring dialogue...

October 12th, 2017, 1:01 pm #1

... it's been almost 2 weeks with out a single word spoken. I wonder how long that will go. It does make for a quick "read" of the comic but they say pictures are worth 1000 words and I'm wondering if Tony Stark is missing one of his suits or is this a Roger Original!!

-Tim

October 12th, 2017, 3:45 pm #2

In the discussion of the Oct. 2nd strip, we talked about whether the window should be behind the computer, but nobody mentioned the view. That looks like a lake, or other body of water. Shouldn't there be a town out there?

Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

October 12th, 2017, 4:11 pm #3

... we're seeing it at an angle, if we were stood in front of the desk we'd see the town, or at least part of it.

i did however toy with the idea of knocking up a spreadsheet to work out from the timings as to when in Doc's evening this is happening in relation to the 12:06 time-stamp of this happening .... and then i decided i was thinking about things too hard and that i really should do some work instead.

October 13th, 2017, 6:45 am #4

... it's been almost 2 weeks with out a single word spoken. I wonder how long that will go. It does make for a quick "read" of the comic but they say pictures are worth 1000 words and I'm wondering if Tony Stark is missing one of his suits or is this a Roger Original!!

-Tim
What Roger's wearing is neither part of an "Iron Man" suit, but at the same time neither is it all that original.

Had I left Roj in his usual shirt and tie, everyone would be wondering how he's generating the energy fields. I didn't want him in actual armor, partly because readers might think he's battling other people in armor, rather than robots, and partly to make him more 'exposed'- IE, less obviously protected.

But, I planned on giving him some weaponry, but I didn't want him carrying a big heavy gun of some kind. So it was either some kind of big clunky gauntlet type thing, or a hand-mounted blaster.

I'm admittedly a big fan of Iron Man, so I decided to go with the palm blaster concept and the "glowy thing in the middle of his chest" trope (which in this case is not an "arc reactor", it's just "shorthand" to let readers know he's wearing some techno-gadgetry, and not, say, using some heretofore-unspecified mutant power or something. )

Doc.

October 13th, 2017, 12:22 pm #5

Wait, you mean they all can't shoot energy beams from their hands?

... I guess it's just the ones in my neighborhood, then.

October 13th, 2017, 4:40 pm #6

. . . what's the weather like there in Pripyat this time of year?
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

October 13th, 2017, 6:23 pm #7

Comfy enough inside the lead-lined suits. <n/t>

October 15th, 2017, 11:24 am #8

-Tim
"Robots??? What a strange dream I'm having.... Oh. well, carry on sleeping."
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.