TWB: What happened to...

TWB: What happened to...

Nohbody
Nohbody

April 14th, 2012, 10:04 am #1

... Sandy's Egg McMuffin?

Last we saw it she was handing it over to Jake to hold onto, and since then he's not been shown with it.

I realize that the apparent disappearance of Sandy's breakfast is hardly "Holy shit, the world's gonna end!!!" material, but I realized that last night at work, and it was nagging at the back of my mind off and on all night.

(Stocking groceries is hardly a mentally challenging activity, so there's plenty of time for thoughts to wander off into Truly Trivial Trivia(tm).)

J.Cook
J.Cook

April 14th, 2012, 5:28 pm #2

... is that she finished it off whilst resetting for the next round.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

April 14th, 2012, 10:10 pm #3

... Sandy's Egg McMuffin?

Last we saw it she was handing it over to Jake to hold onto, and since then he's not been shown with it.

I realize that the apparent disappearance of Sandy's breakfast is hardly "Holy shit, the world's gonna end!!!" material, but I realized that last night at work, and it was nagging at the back of my mind off and on all night.

(Stocking groceries is hardly a mentally challenging activity, so there's plenty of time for thoughts to wander off into Truly Trivial Trivia(tm).)
After all, he bought breakfast... (In a deleted scene only available on the Asian-market Director's cut Blu-Ray.)

Doc.

Nohbody
Nohbody

April 14th, 2012, 11:35 pm #4

I actually thought about that possibility, but that seems a bit more jerky than I'd think he would be.

Of course, he's not my character, so my opinion of what he would/wouldn't do isn't exactly all that important, all in all. :P

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

April 15th, 2012, 10:38 am #5

Word of God says that they went through a McDonalds drive-thru on the way out to the field, and Jake, because he's a nice guy and has the best-paying job of any of them, bought a bagful of McMuffins, sausage biscuits and hash browns for breakfast for everybody.

He bought plenty- especially considering the girls, being somewhat calorie-conscious, didn't eat as many as he thought- and so there are still three or four sitting in the bag in the car.

Sandy was kinda hoping he'd eat it anyway. She knew she was going to burn off plenty of calories during the day, but still didn't want to pack on any more artificial-sausage grease than she had to.

There's a cooler of sandwiches, water and sports drinks in the trunk.

Oh, and for practice, they all brought some cheap Flying Furball paint, the economy brand made by Ursa, a company of whom Doc owns close to 15% of their stock. Neither Pirta nor Sandy can tell the difference, but Tawny has noticed it doesn't shoot as well as Fuzzball or even Ursa Premium. She's thinking of going over to the target range between games and trying a different size barrel back.

There's also a CD of Steely Dan's Gaucho in Jake's car stereo, which is only there due to some confusion that occurred on one of Jake and Pirta's first dates, when a convoluted conversation wound up with both of them thinking the other liked it.

Also, the left front tire of Jake's car is slightly low. He should get that checked.

Doc.

MarkT
MarkT

April 15th, 2012, 11:17 am #6

I hadn't realized so much thought went into the production of each daily strip.

Vulpis
Vulpis

April 15th, 2012, 3:46 pm #7

Word of God says that they went through a McDonalds drive-thru on the way out to the field, and Jake, because he's a nice guy and has the best-paying job of any of them, bought a bagful of McMuffins, sausage biscuits and hash browns for breakfast for everybody.

He bought plenty- especially considering the girls, being somewhat calorie-conscious, didn't eat as many as he thought- and so there are still three or four sitting in the bag in the car.

Sandy was kinda hoping he'd eat it anyway. She knew she was going to burn off plenty of calories during the day, but still didn't want to pack on any more artificial-sausage grease than she had to.

There's a cooler of sandwiches, water and sports drinks in the trunk.

Oh, and for practice, they all brought some cheap Flying Furball paint, the economy brand made by Ursa, a company of whom Doc owns close to 15% of their stock. Neither Pirta nor Sandy can tell the difference, but Tawny has noticed it doesn't shoot as well as Fuzzball or even Ursa Premium. She's thinking of going over to the target range between games and trying a different size barrel back.

There's also a CD of Steely Dan's Gaucho in Jake's car stereo, which is only there due to some confusion that occurred on one of Jake and Pirta's first dates, when a convoluted conversation wound up with both of them thinking the other liked it.

Also, the left front tire of Jake's car is slightly low. He should get that checked.

Doc.
All right now, Doc...delusions of deityhood are understandable, but combining it with refering to yourself in third person is a bit much. After all, look what happened to Jack Thompson...

irregular logic
irregular logic

April 15th, 2012, 4:33 pm #8

I hadn't realized so much thought went into the production of each daily strip.
But my sarcasm detecter was ticking a little with docs reply

MarkT
MarkT

April 15th, 2012, 4:39 pm #9

And not on my post? nt

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

April 15th, 2012, 5:48 pm #10

All right now, Doc...delusions of deityhood are understandable, but combining it with refering to yourself in third person is a bit much. After all, look what happened to Jack Thompson...
I think he's just been reading TVTropes too much:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WordOfGod