TWB: Prediction for Pirta VS Tawny

Arcticwlf
Arcticwlf

April 16th, 2012, 5:16 pm #1

3... 2... 1... GO! Pirta gets nailed in the goggles

eighttailfox
eighttailfox

April 16th, 2012, 7:08 pm #2

I say its likely to go the other way with Pirta pulling herself together and beating Tawny. Pirta is quite dangerous when she focused and/or angry.

Nohbody
Nohbody

April 17th, 2012, 12:20 am #3

While part of me suspects that Tawny's razzing Sandy over her performance will be followed up by Pirta getting the drop on an overconfident Tawny (who's probably aware of Pirta's almost nonexistent experience), another part of me thinks that Doc N will go with what someone in the real world would expect of "novice vs expert" without considerations of storyline plot or any of the stuff that matters in a fiction story.

I'm kinda leaning towards the surprise victory by Pirta theory, in that (to borrow from internet speak) "predictable outcome is predictable" and thus boring from an audience viewpoint, but I wouldn't care to bet money on either option... or even a third option that hasn't occurred to me. :P

Deus Machina
Deus Machina

April 17th, 2012, 2:36 am #4

It doesn't always come down to experience in cases like this, in my own experience.

Experience is important if you're playing the same way. Not knowing the other person's style can be a serious wild card.

Jake has pointed out deception and use of cover, and I think it's safe to assume that she picks up well on the cover because she is, after all, still working around Doc.

At this point, I think it will come down to Tawny being experienced and smart, versus Pirta being crafty and just plain fast.

Robin Bobcat
Robin Bobcat

April 17th, 2012, 3:10 am #5

Multi-panel montage of Pirta getting hit multiple times.

Cowboy5811
Cowboy5811

April 17th, 2012, 4:32 am #6

Can't believe I was first to go there

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

April 17th, 2012, 3:09 pm #7

Lame pun is lame, but appropriate n/t

PhantomFox
PhantomFox

April 17th, 2012, 5:31 pm #8

Sandy shows her sneakiness, Tawny her aggressive approach, so what niche is left for Pirta?

eighttailfox
eighttailfox

April 17th, 2012, 9:04 pm #9

It doesn't always come down to experience in cases like this, in my own experience.

Experience is important if you're playing the same way. Not knowing the other person's style can be a serious wild card.

Jake has pointed out deception and use of cover, and I think it's safe to assume that she picks up well on the cover because she is, after all, still working around Doc.

At this point, I think it will come down to Tawny being experienced and smart, versus Pirta being crafty and just plain fast.
Being forced to hang around Doc probably also taught Pirta how to be a fast learner. Its within reason that she had more than a few crash courses in various procedures around the shop. shrug

Raphael
Raphael

April 18th, 2012, 12:47 am #10

Sandy shows her sneakiness, Tawny her aggressive approach, so what niche is left for Pirta?
n/t