TWB: Place your bets...

TWB: Place your bets...

Silverwolf, MD
Silverwolf, MD

December 24th, 2011, 5:01 pm #1

What's Doc going to use to deliver the presents this year? We've seen him use a fighter jet, but what else could happen?

Kitkun
Kitkun

December 24th, 2011, 5:44 pm #2

Heavy artillery.

J. Cook
J. Cook

December 24th, 2011, 6:45 pm #3

What's Doc going to use to deliver the presents this year? We've seen him use a fighter jet, but what else could happen?
{turns to Sh'Meral} So... I got 10 creds that he uses an ICBM.

Sh'Meral: trebuchet, and you get to do the dishes if I'm right.

Robert The Addled
Robert The Addled

December 24th, 2011, 7:27 pm #4

ROBOTECH had a giant cannon of some sort based is Alaska, I should re-read to find out more about it.

HOWEVER - given easy access to mountains and nuclear power plants, Doc could easily use a maglev rail launcher w/ orbital capability. (reference to "moon is a harsh mistress"). Hardest part would be evacuating the air to reduce launch friction. The nature of orbital mechanics is such that (eventually) anywhere in the world can be struck - matter of choosing a orbital path that overflies the target.

Nohbody
Nohbody

December 24th, 2011, 8:03 pm #5

I suspect that <s>Robotech's</s> Macross's Grand Cannon might be a bit inappropriate for delivering gifts, being an energy based weapon.

MephitMark
MephitMark

December 24th, 2011, 8:49 pm #6

ROBOTECH had a giant cannon of some sort based is Alaska, I should re-read to find out more about it.

HOWEVER - given easy access to mountains and nuclear power plants, Doc could easily use a maglev rail launcher w/ orbital capability. (reference to "moon is a harsh mistress"). Hardest part would be evacuating the air to reduce launch friction. The nature of orbital mechanics is such that (eventually) anywhere in the world can be struck - matter of choosing a orbital path that overflies the target.
As memory serves, Doc has never fired the rail gun for package delivery.

Anon E. Mouse
Anon E. Mouse

December 25th, 2011, 1:07 am #7

He's been working on the pizza teleporter and repeaters for it (remember the emergency poker game that happened instead of last year's christmas party), so he's probably ready to use tech that's slightly less hazardous to the presents he's sending off.

Nighthawke
Nighthawke

December 25th, 2011, 3:33 am #8

That could be modified for some surface to surface action...

Wolf
Wolf

December 25th, 2011, 4:55 am #9

Simple, but it doe's land granades inside fort walls.

Nighthawke
Nighthawke

December 26th, 2011, 4:14 pm #10

Those things are badass, second to the yellow birds.