TWB 6 Sep 2017

TWB 6 Sep 2017

September 6th, 2017, 12:28 pm #1

Looks like Cara has the perfect replacement for Doc's home-made Dew..... The only thing missing from the label is "Specially grown for those keen on regurgitation", to quote the Python sketch.
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.

September 6th, 2017, 1:01 pm #2

Nose: Toxic
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

September 6th, 2017, 1:16 pm #3

Looks like Cara has the perfect replacement for Doc's home-made Dew..... The only thing missing from the label is "Specially grown for those keen on regurgitation", to quote the Python sketch.
Actually, I think I've made that.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

September 6th, 2017, 1:16 pm #4

Nothing goes well with microwavable burritos!

Unless you can find a genuine bottle of 'Mt. Olympus Nectar of the Gods' somewhere...
(Or possibly a cold beer... )

Serving mere wine to Burritos?
Could just as well serve used cutting oil.

BTW: I think I found something suitable for the eventual breakfast.
A local smokehouse is selling smoked salmon that has been marinated in Løyten Aquavit.

September 6th, 2017, 1:18 pm #5

"dreadful sewage" according to Google Translate

September 6th, 2017, 5:13 pm #6

The best thing to wash down microwavable burritos is Pepto Bismoll. Lacking that, Seven Up actually helps.
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

September 6th, 2017, 5:17 pm #7

When I was a kid Mom would give us 7-Up for an upset stomach, but when I got married my wife used ginger ale. It seems to work better. In Canada they have over-the-counter medicine for upset stomachs that is made with ginger, and everybody knows Canada has the best drugs.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

September 6th, 2017, 8:34 pm #8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cozw088w44Q

CF

"The right tool for the right job." [Anon.]
"Any tool can be the Right Tool." [Red Green]

September 7th, 2017, 12:21 am #9

Anybody that hasn't listened to some of the audio-only skits is missing out.

The 100-meter Being Eaten By A Crocodile Event, Olympic Novel Writing, Today in Modern Music (which is where the band name Toad the Wet Sprocket came from, by the way) and it was the first place you could hear the Four Yorkshire Men sketch, before they did it at Live at the Hollywood Bowl. (I think. )

Doc.

September 7th, 2017, 1:45 am #10

When I was a kid Mom would give us 7-Up for an upset stomach, but when I got married my wife used ginger ale. It seems to work better. In Canada they have over-the-counter medicine for upset stomachs that is made with ginger, and everybody knows Canada has the best drugs.
I know that ginger's been used as a cure for seasickness. In fact, the ferry from Newport Beach to Catalina Island (26 Miles Away) sold crystalized ginger to the passengers.
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton