TWB 25 Apr: Doc short on spare mallets?

TWB 25 Apr: Doc short on spare mallets?

Nohbody
Nohbody

April 25th, 2012, 6:06 am #1

Mind you, having been on the receiving end of one of those clowns, I think either mallet or fire hose is too lenient.

But then again, in the past I've proposed some of those sentry guns from Alien to take out "Bass cannon" cars (y'know, the cars with retarded looking "dub" wheels and a stereo system worth at least twice the total value of the rest of the car) that drive past, too.

Robin Bobcat
Robin Bobcat

April 25th, 2012, 7:49 am #2

That, right there, in a nutshell, is the primary (and in some cases only) perk of being a small business owner. Being able to tell someone the exact location of the door, without a moment's hesitation.

There are times when a lost sale simply does not outweigh the moral or legal consequences of the money made. To be able to say 'I am sorry, but I can no longer help you' in ANY job is a fine, beautiful thing.

I shall direct you towards the Acts of Gord. Though aged, these tales serve as inspiration to all those who would deal with the bubble-heads in our lives.http://www.actsofgord.com/

Hallan
Hallan

April 25th, 2012, 11:47 am #3

Nothing says 'Bad kitty!' quite like 116-290 PSI of water.

Wolf
Wolf

April 25th, 2012, 1:34 pm #4

Mind you, having been on the receiving end of one of those clowns, I think either mallet or fire hose is too lenient.

But then again, in the past I've proposed some of those sentry guns from Alien to take out "Bass cannon" cars (y'know, the cars with retarded looking "dub" wheels and a stereo system worth at least twice the total value of the rest of the car) that drive past, too.
if you refuse to sell them one.

Bergman
Bergman

April 25th, 2012, 3:04 pm #5

Now, mind you, I'm not advocating you do this, but if you really want to remove a speaker overload, there's always something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosivel ... _generator

Stick the sucker inside a Faraday cage, with a hole in the coverage to allow you to aim it, and by the time the blast propagation destroys the cage, the pulse is already over (downrange). With the right explosive layout, you could probably mount such a thing in a turret on a car roof without killing the driver...probably.

Why no, nobody has called me insane...today anyway. Yet.

Chris
Chris

April 25th, 2012, 7:20 pm #6

Doc don't mess around in saying, "Oh, HELL no!" in this.

Whether property damage, malicious injury, or both,
NOBODY wants a customer like that nor the fallout
that comes after from what said customer did with the
marker he or she bought from there...

...And Doc's not having it. PERIOD.

Not that I'd BLAME him... no one needs lawsuits for that.

Sure, the guy will raise Cain about how he got EJECTED,
but the REASON behind it justifies it.

Raphael
Raphael

April 25th, 2012, 8:42 pm #7

I used to marshal at a mates paintball field. And at that time some blithering idiot in a hotel room on Durban beachfront (South Africa) was taking pot shots with a marker from the second or 3rd floor. and one of the balls happened to hit a young man walking past in the eye, blinding him permanently.

His mom's cousin saw our ad in the local paper and decided to phone up my mate and have an hour long vent session at how dare he make money out of such a dangerous sport and how insensitive he was to advertise when this had just happened (we were 100km's away).

Salda007
Salda007

April 25th, 2012, 8:43 pm #8

Now, mind you, I'm not advocating you do this, but if you really want to remove a speaker overload, there's always something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosivel ... _generator

Stick the sucker inside a Faraday cage, with a hole in the coverage to allow you to aim it, and by the time the blast propagation destroys the cage, the pulse is already over (downrange). With the right explosive layout, you could probably mount such a thing in a turret on a car roof without killing the driver...probably.

Why no, nobody has called me insane...today anyway. Yet.
I got nuthin...

Jay Enfield
Jay Enfield

April 26th, 2012, 2:04 am #9

As a furry artist, I notice this kind of stuff...

But I think that the Destructive Party Dog character is the first one I've seen in TWB that has four toes per foot. Possible that the strip is moving to a different anatomical style, along with the replacement of the no-neck humans?

Anon E. Mouse
Anon E. Mouse

April 26th, 2012, 1:52 pm #10

I used to marshal at a mates paintball field. And at that time some blithering idiot in a hotel room on Durban beachfront (South Africa) was taking pot shots with a marker from the second or 3rd floor. and one of the balls happened to hit a young man walking past in the eye, blinding him permanently.

His mom's cousin saw our ad in the local paper and decided to phone up my mate and have an hour long vent session at how dare he make money out of such a dangerous sport and how insensitive he was to advertise when this had just happened (we were 100km's away).
Okay, slightly over seven, but who's counting? It's nice to see that Doc has mellowed a bit with age: http://the-whiteboard.com/autowb435.html