August 1st, 2018, 6:00 pm #21

Greyryder wrote:Doc's taking notes from the forum, isn't he?
-No, this gag was in the plans almost from the beginning (of this short series, anyway.)

I wanted to go with a standard palm-print, the typical raster-scan of a face, etc. (or a nose print, complete with "happy dog" tongue, which anyone that owns a dim dog knows what that looks like and has had to clean them off of the sliding glass door about four times a week 😁  or, for that little extra bit of fun, maybe a butt-scan 😆 ) but figured those wouldn't work due to the size difference.

And I could have had it fail because of that, meaning the guys would have to try and circumvent the lock somehow, but this series has already gone on longer than I expected.

I figured an iris scan would still work even if the "scale" was off a bit, and the size difference led to an obvious joke. 😁

Doc.

August 1st, 2018, 10:16 pm #22

DocsMachine wrote: I figured an iris scan would still work even if the "scale" was off a bit, and the size difference led to an obvious joke. 😁
Good biometric identification systems look for the relative distances and orientations of recognizable features in the body part being scanned, not for absolute measurements. Otherwise you could get blasted by a laser turret just for not standing close enough to the scanner.

Also, I thought the joke was very clever. (Meaning I didn't see it coming.) Good job!
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

August 1st, 2018, 11:37 pm #23

Greyryder wrote:
eddi wrote: If there's a fingerprint or iris scan coming it might get complicated.
Doc's taking notes from the forum, isn't he?
He frequently does. But this was an obvious joke. So call it lucky timing on my part.

August 1st, 2018, 11:40 pm #24

Welsh Rat wrote: Pocket Doc is SO cute!  Big 'Rog' should get a picture.
Excellent blackmail material.

August 1st, 2018, 11:41 pm #25

My bet on the final goal, a can of the original Mountain Dew.

August 2nd, 2018, 7:58 pm #26

Just as long as we don't have a blank panel with the word "..zip!"  on two edges.

What too far?  Ya. Too far.  Funny though.

August 2nd, 2018, 8:16 pm #27

hinermad wrote:
taesu99 wrote: Reset button
Reset button.

August 6th, 2018, 11:36 pm #28

Now that Roger and Doc have spent time in each others bodies, will they have more or less empathy towards each other, like Artie did after spending time in Dave's body in Narbonic?

That joke has always cracked me up.