TWB: 2018-02-06

TWB: 2018-02-06

February 6th, 2018, 12:12 pm #1

Half a mill each, eh? Well, that explains why Sandy's eyebrows are now up around the bottoms of her ears, Roger's eyes are so wide open you can almost see his brain behind them, and Doc appears a mite peeved about something. And it's not just the hallway that's missing, Sandy - there's also slices of several labs, several yards of sewer pipes and assorted electrical conduits, and a few tons of surrounding dirt. Better put Anthony on the speed-dial if he's not already there!
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.

February 6th, 2018, 7:10 pm #2

They're going to need to win the lotto if they want to replace those drones. That may be the only way to keep from being kneecapped by the Malinois in Black.
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

February 6th, 2018, 7:28 pm #3

Half a mill each, eh? Well, that explains why Sandy's eyebrows are now up around the bottoms of her ears, Roger's eyes are so wide open you can almost see his brain behind them, and Doc appears a mite peeved about something. And it's not just the hallway that's missing, Sandy - there's also slices of several labs, several yards of sewer pipes and assorted electrical conduits, and a few tons of surrounding dirt. Better put Anthony on the speed-dial if he's not already there!
I think it's telling that Sandy pegged to the missing hallway, but not the dollar figure Doc revealed.

I'm not sure what it's telling us, but it's telling.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

February 6th, 2018, 9:19 pm #4

That she and Swampy were right next to the hallway that went missing. "So, that's what that weird noise was... OMG, we could have disappeared, too!"
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

February 6th, 2018, 9:55 pm #5

Exactly how many of those 'bots constituted a "platoon"?
CF

"The right tool for the right job." [Anon.]
"Any tool can be the Right Tool." [Red Green]

February 6th, 2018, 11:05 pm #6

There appear to have been fifteen of them here:

http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autotwb2476.html

And the hallway isn't missing -- it's just been enlarged.
REUNITE GONDWANALAND!

February 7th, 2018, 2:30 am #7

February 7th, 2018, 2:32 am #8

I wouldn’t want Doc looking at me like that last panel, and I am a polar bear myself.

February 9th, 2018, 3:11 pm #9

Exactly how many of those 'bots constituted a "platoon"?
...vary greatly depending on the branch of service, mission and other factors. Infantry platoons usually number around 40 soldiers while supporting platoons (mortar, recon, anti-armor, etc.) can be as few as 10 or as large as 50+.
Technical platoons such as communications, intelligence, maintenance, etc can also vary greatly depending on whether they're direct, intermediate or higher level support. The Airframe and Powerplant platoon in the aviation maintenance company I was assigned to at FT Campbell had around 60 soldiers at full strength while the Armament platoon I was in had 30.