TWB 2018-01-12 Goose bumps?

TWB 2018-01-12 Goose bumps?

January 12th, 2018, 3:23 pm #1

CO2 extinguisher so cold it caused goose bumps forcing fur to puff up?
Or a reaction with the CO2 and residue from the breast enlarging coffee?

January 12th, 2018, 3:50 pm #2

I took fire extinguisher training for my job a while back and we got to practice with CO2 extinguishers. I got zapped 2 or 3 times in the 20 seconds I was using it.

Back in the day when we could still use honest-to-gosh Freon as a chiller for debugging heat issues in electronic circuits, we zapped many a CMOS chip with the static electricity the spray generated.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

January 12th, 2018, 4:13 pm #3

One incident at the sawmill my dad worked at was during an cold snap where the temps were -25C. A blower motor caught fire, and a worker grabbed a fire extinguisher to put it out. He did a short burst, felt a tingle, then a did a full blast which shocked him and sent him flying.

I believe it might have been on a elevated catwalk, so he would have had a pretty strong connection to ground.

January 12th, 2018, 4:58 pm #4

I took fire extinguisher training for my job a while back and we got to practice with CO2 extinguishers. I got zapped 2 or 3 times in the 20 seconds I was using it.

Back in the day when we could still use honest-to-gosh Freon as a chiller for debugging heat issues in electronic circuits, we zapped many a CMOS chip with the static electricity the spray generated.
Zappity Zap Zap!

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... Btb7XPw769

January 12th, 2018, 10:35 pm #5

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since I so rarely use "animal traits" gags in TWB, but in this case, no, it has nothing to do with static electricity.

Basically the blast of intense cold (something like -150F) caused her "winter coat" to spring out.

Yeah, it's a common joke in "furry" comics- Ozy & Millie did it at least twice, and that strip's been ended for over a decade- but since we're back into some silly gag-a-day comics (and will be for a while) I figured it'd be a fun addition.

The only question being to I "run with it" and make a running gag out of it, or just have her go to a stylist and come back, back to normal.

Doc.

January 12th, 2018, 11:02 pm #6

Didn't generate a charge when I went through training. But I was in 90% humidity in Florida at the time.

January 13th, 2018, 12:12 am #7

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since I so rarely use "animal traits" gags in TWB, but in this case, no, it has nothing to do with static electricity.

Basically the blast of intense cold (something like -150F) caused her "winter coat" to spring out.

Yeah, it's a common joke in "furry" comics- Ozy & Millie did it at least twice, and that strip's been ended for over a decade- but since we're back into some silly gag-a-day comics (and will be for a while) I figured it'd be a fun addition.

The only question being to I "run with it" and make a running gag out of it, or just have her go to a stylist and come back, back to normal.

Doc.
The only thing I'm expecting is for Roger to be scarce for a while when she can see again!

January 13th, 2018, 1:33 am #8

Doc.
I say run with it for a bit, and not just because I'm biased. Fluffy is cuuuuuute! ^^

January 13th, 2018, 2:01 am #9

Lucky for him she can't see Roger right now.

January 13th, 2018, 2:02 am #10

I say run with it for a bit, and not just because I'm biased. Fluffy is cuuuuuute! ^^
She actually looks more like a snow leopard now. n/t